Suggestion - Fog of War (Stronger)

As more Biomes & Content is added into the game. (Hopefully we will get an update expanding on Combat/Enemies in the near future)

I'd like see a stronger "Fog of War", think of how Starcraft/Warcraft handle this in the RTS genre. Of course, ONI has a fog of war, but our view distance is currently very large. I'd like to start a game with my visibility being extremely claustrophobic, with the "exploration" aspect of the game feeling much more mysterious.

Using tools or machines to "probe" or "scan" unexplored regions while weighing on the fact that digging out a new area might bring more harm than good, would be a very exciting prospect for me.

I like this idea. I mean, dupes should not be able to see behind tiles, those are solid, untransparent things. On the other side, use of sonars yo detect caverns/geysers/voids would be quite nice too. And... Does anyone know, if explosives re going to make it ingame? That's a really miny thing to inplement and ONI is a mining game.

Archived