polluted water converting to polluted oxygen under carbon dioxide'

yes, and for the love of everything holy can somebody explain the logic behind polluted water outgassing PO? Like, I get if it was just contaminating nearby oxygen, but where the hell do you find gas-emiting water irl?

(and how it's currently implemented, it is nothing like evaporation, which would still not satisfy me at all) 

11 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

Is that a thing now?

Polluted water can create polluted oxygen but it has nothing to do with co2

4 minutes ago, Executive_Lurker said:

yes, and for the love of everything holy can somebody explain the logic behind polluted water outgassing PO? Like, I get if it was just contaminating nearby oxygen, but where the hell do you find gas-emiting water irl?

(and how it's currently implemented, it is nothing like evaporation, which would still not satisfy me at all) 

Yea these pockets of polluted oxygen over 100kg is pretty stupid.

It's more of a game design decision as opposed to "this makes sense" decision.

It's been working as the following:

"four times a second it has a 0.1% chance of converting 0.1% of the surface cell's mass"

So only the "top" tile(s) of polluted water will convert.  You also need to have that tile exposed to an air tile (used to be an oxygen or polluted oxygen tile).

There are still more "rules" on how it's converting:

9 minutes ago, Executive_Lurker said:

I think it is supposed to be like it was a swamp of sorts... I, personally, like it.

3 minutes ago, GreatGameDota said:

Polluted water can create polluted oxygen but it has nothing to do with co2

Yeah, I know, but, before, it used to be that it would only create under oxygen/polluted oxygen...

17 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

Yeah, I know, but, before, it used to be that it would only create under oxygen/polluted oxygen...

It's a change that happened in OU.  I'm guessing it's to make slimelung germs more potent (by making polluted oxygen happen more).  However, it is (sort of) offset by polluted oxygen actually being used up when dupes breath (it used to be that the PO2 will never be consumed).

So now the only way to prevent it from converting is to have either vacuum or a thin layer of some other liquid (such as clean water) on top of your polluted water.

1 minute ago, Reaniel said:

So now the only way to prevent it from converting is to have either vacuum or a thin layer of some other liquid (such as clean water) on top of your polluted water.

Yeah, fixed it that way...

tks

Archived