Trouble with a custom mod crashing

Hi! I have an issue with some coding in a mod, and I don't understand why it keeps causing the game to crash. I'm very new to coding, so excuse me if I'm slow to understanding. When I start to game up with the mod installed, it instantly crashes. I looked in the log, and I get this message: 

[00:01:30]: error loading module 'speech_gamzee' from file '../mods/gamzee\scripts\speech_gamzee.lua':
    [string "cannot OLDFILEACCESSMETHOD @../mods/gamzee\scripts\speech_gamze..."]:1078: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 157) near 'PUMPKIN'

I went to the speech file, and when I go to the line of the script, nothing appears to be wrong? I don't know what's going on! Does anyone know what to do?

Hello @GoomiGloomi, welcome to the forums. I'm no modder myself but I think you should double-check for your line code termination, specifically the brackets "},". Based on the error line, you should go to line 1078 and check if you're missing the necessary closing bracket "},". If it still seems correct to you, best option for you right now is to attach your mod files including your speech file so modders with better know how can help you with your problem much easily. Also attach the whole client_log.txt file for reference for any other information surrounding that error line you just picked out.

Until then, just wait. Cheers.

Hello, I'm having pretty much the exact same error which points me to like 838 which in my case refers to the speech line about burning grass. There is no terminating bracket there, and there is no opening bracket where it seems to think there is either. This is extremely irritating because the mod worked fine last night, but today when I continued working on the speech lines, this suddenly started happening. Furthermore the error is coming from a section of the text that I haven't even edited yet. I can't wait to see the solution to this rather annoying error.

Yeah, I'm using Sans' text file because I have played him more than any other character so I can recognise the conditions for each line more easily.

Edit: I just replaced the affected lines and the lines above and below with the lines from Wilson's original speech file, and the error still points me to those lines. This shouldn't be happening! Help!

bug1.PNG

bug2.PNG

Edited by RuneMaster98

@RuneMaster98 Your crop cuts out a little bit of relevant information, there's an opening Bracket after the GRASS= that requires a closing bracket after the nested section, but because your screencap doesn't show the whole nest I can't see if it's there.

Here's an image for reference to how it should look.

Screenshot_22.png.f3d658407899e3f832386b4e8a63b12c.png

@GoomiGloomi exactly what Zillvr said, You need to find where the missing closing bracket is, if you continue to have trouble attach your speech file and I'll take a look to find the error.