Looking for help with a DST to DS mod conversion.

Hello, new to these forums but hoping I can find some help/guidance. 

Basically I really like this mod for DST and I would really like to convert it to single player. It hasn't been updated in over a year and I've attempted to contact the author several times to ensure he doesn't mind if someone else works on it, but I've received no response. This particular mod was made from another mod itself so I can't imagine the author would be too troubled, but if people view this as a problem I will of course stop pursuing it. 

If anyone is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it, my knowledge of LUA is still very limited (though I am trying to get better) and this conversion seems above me, I have tried myself a couple of times and each time it just causes a crash (hasn't been the same crash each time though). 

Thank you!

The Mod states it combines the "Display Food Values" and "Detailed Tooltips" mods.

So why not just use those two DS mods?

Detailed Tooltips: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408066317

Display Food Values: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170030148

It seems like you are wanting to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks for your reply. Fair point, but there are actually some differences between this combo mod and the individual ones from which it was made. Biggest things that I was interested in were the fact that the combo mod actually breaks down stale and spoilage times. The combo mod also includes information on how much time remains on fires, which I wasn't able to find a similar DS mod. 

8 hours ago, Dwindlin said:

Thanks for your reply. Fair point, but there are actually some differences between this combo mod and the individual ones from which it was made. Biggest things that I was interested in were the fact that the combo mod actually breaks down stale and spoilage times. The combo mod also includes information on how much time remains on fires, which I wasn't able to find a similar DS mod. 

Ahh - well that explains the need. Have you tried contacting the creators of one or both of those mods? or the combined one? maybe they can offer something up.

Archived