Issues with the game starting up.

SkepticalHippo

Hi there, I posted this on the steam forums and was asked to come and ask about it here. The first time i started Mark of the Ninja, when I got past the first cutscene (when starting a new game) the screen was black with music playing in the back. After a few more tries the character loaded but the world did not. Everything was black and it looked fragmented. I already ran the DX.exe after reading on the forums and that doesnt seem to have worked. I can post a screenshot if that will help

• MOTD

Hey! Thanks for reporting. We'll need to know a few things before we can trouble shoot that. For future reference you can check out our thread on how to report bugs. It includes questions that if answered help us narrow down the issue a lot faster.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?783-How-to-report-bugs

What are your PC hardware specs?

Are all your drivers up to date?

Can you recreate the issue? (if only happened once, it's not likely we can do much.)

Did you get any kind of crash logs or error messages? (If yes provide them).

• MOTD

So, i was able to play the first level this morning after reinstalling the game. When i got home a few minutes ago I was having the same issues as before.

Hmm... I'm assuming you have the most recent version of Mark of the Ninja? We recently pushed a patch that solved this for most people.Have you tried to check / rebuild your games install cache? Instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

• MOTD

Any updates on this?

We haven't been able to trouble shoot this any further. This seems to be the only case of this issue happening, so reproducing isn't really possible at the moment.Are you on a laptop or a tower PC? If you're on a laptop, what's the model number? Also is it plugged in while you're playing?