Bring back the 2KW wire

While I really like what they'v done with the electric circuits, By the end of the game i'm using ~4-5KW at any given moment. That means 4-5 diferent circuits. But the thing is, if I had ALL things turned ON I guess it would be closer to 10KW. Now, what I do is put more than 1Kw in each circuit and hope for the best. But, from time to time, it does overload.

If I was to play it safe, that would mean 10 different circuits. I think that's just too much, Too much micro management in the late game, having to count how many W a given circuit has. And, at some point, I just can keep up with it. I mean, my brain can't. XD 

Plus, That's way too many wires... I think.

Well, I would welcome if standard wire could handle 1200 or maybe 1500 W just so that we can put three hamster wheels on it than two. 

But I don't have a problem with main power backbone and many wires off it. I often pull a wire even if the load is way below the capacity just to have some reserve for further expansion.

There's 15 transformers in my grid:

FMNcKMn.jpg

51 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Well, I would welcome if standard wire could handle 1200 or maybe 1500 W just so that we can put three hamster wheels on it than two. 

But I don't have a problem with main power backbone and many wires off it. I often pull a wire even if the load is way below the capacity just to have some reserve for further expansion.

There's 15 transformers in my grid:

FMNcKMn.jpg

I found out that the power IN doesn't overload. I have ALL my generators in 1 1KW wire, it never overloads. I know that u can have as many transformers as u like, but thats mainly my issue, u end up with TOO many circuits...

That;s a beautiful base btw. Do u have a showcase of it?

1 minute ago, eloy2030 said:

I found out that the power IN doesn't overload. I have ALL my generators in 1 1KW wire, it never overloads

Yeah I know about it but I chose to not use that approach. Using heavy wire has a few drawbacks but also makes structure of the grid more clear.

3 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

Do u have a showcase of it?

Feel free to check the save.

The Duplicant Acropolis.sav

Yeah! Really like it!

Questions:

-Dont u manage dupes jobs? seems almost everyone does everything...

-U have CO2 over ur P water, dont u distill P oxygen?

-How do u get the fertilizer out?

-U'r wasting a lot of power. I know it's not a problem, i just like to min/max (this is not a question) XD

Thx again!

1 hour ago, eloy2030 said:

Dont u manage dupes jobs?

Well there's an artist and three cooks. The rest is fine, they're capable. What I'd like to manage (farming) cannot be really managed anyway.

U have CO2 over ur P water, dont u distill P oxygen?

The condenser is to get rid of it. I don't need more, I plan to fill everything with clean oxygen eventually.

How do u get the fertilizer out?

I don't need fertilizer. Makers are just reducing production of polluted water. But I may build a bristle blossom farm next. 

U'r wasting a lot of power.

Ready for further expansion. There's only about 3 kW excess anyway.

12 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

The condenser is to get rid of it. I don't need more, I plan to fill everything with clean oxygen eventually.

Yeah, but i like the P oxygen to build up, that's it. I have like 50 days worth of P Oxygen stored... (probably more)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943468779

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943468811

Tiles there are 5-10 kg density.

That's just the production Plant, I have way more elsewhere.

Archived