Electricity-dependent valves for liquid and gas.

In making my crazy contraptions several times now, I've been presented with things where I'd like to control how a pipe splits liquid or gas.

I think this and many other engineering challenges could be solved with a simple type of valve that accepts a power input. Perhaps an option on the valve itself should allow you to make it "ON" when power is absent, or "ON" when power is provided. 

This would enable you to make complex setups where you could use atmospheric and thermal switches to re-route the contents of pipes depending on the state of your base. so you could have a main oxygen circulation system running through your main base and then route it away to other areas when needed.

Overall this game is incredible, and despite being in early access I find it one of the best games I've ever played!

50 minutes ago, thebebinator said:

Perhaps an option on the valve itself should allow you to make it "ON" when power is  not provided, or "ON" when power is absent.

If you mean a valve that uses power while it lets the liquid or gas pass, it's called Filter. Eiter select something that will never come to it to be filtered, or just join its outputs into single pipe.

Archived