Thermo switch on liquid pumps(or something similar)

Currently, I'm losing at least half the time watching the water cooling systems in order to extract at the right time, and my electrolyzers are depleting my precious main water tank (~20 C) at a very fast rate.

Maybe it's a stupid suggestion, but I'd really appreciate if thermo switches could be built right on the liquid pump, for maximum efficiency.

place.png

I'd like to build thermo switch on the black spot. Here's why:

Thermo switch set to "colder than 30 C".

Case one:

Liquid pump won't extract water at 28 C because thermo switch detects 35 C, resulting in cold water loss.

Spoiler

case 1.png

Case 2:

Thermo switch will detect 10 C and the pump will extract 50 C water. Then my main water tank will get way too hot.

Spoiler

case 2.png

I know that electrolyzer will produce 30 C gas regardless of water temp, but it would be alot better with this.

Instead of cooling water using supercooled pipes, you can just put similar pipework all through your main tank and run 20 C gas through it. May take a few cycles but it will eventually pull the whole tank towards that temperature. Or you can send supercooled gas through them, and stop sending that gas when the tank gets sufficiently cold.

I didn't try to cool my main tank because... well... water is consumed so fast that I need to constantly pump from geysers => 20 C gas can't absorb more heat than the hot water will bring in the tank (i think, didn't test).

If I run <0 C gas in pipes, the water will partially freeze, because ONI doesn't respect natural laws. Even if i stop the gas, it's inevitable.

Archived