Higher sanity loss from wetness

I'm working on a bird man character, and I want him to lose more sanity from wetness. In RoG, characters already lose sanity when they're wet enough, but I want to know how I can make it so that my character loses more sanity from being wet. I've played with and tested some functions from sanity.lua and moisture.lua, and I've even poked at WX-78's .lua to see if I could change his damage from rain thing to sanity damage from rain. But I've nothing to show for it. I used to have this as a "perk" of an old character I made, but I think I deleted them, so I've no files to look back to for reference on how I did it.

Just as a bonus, though, I also want to know if it's possible to make a character move slower when the temperature is low enough or when it's raining.

If anyone could help me, it'd be much appreciated. I'm still struggling with learning Lua, and so I don't understand it and the things in it very well, so I apologize for asking for help for what I assume is such a simple thing to code.

I think you need to refer in your modmain.lua file to tuning.lua like this

TUNING.MOISTURE_SANITY_PENALTY_MAX = -100/(day_time*6)

the values are default so you need to change to your liking. Whats more i think this will apply to all characters when the mod is enabled, so you also need to find a way to make it character specific

5 hours ago, Parusoid said:

I think you need to refer in your modmain.lua file to tuning.lua like this

TUNING.MOISTURE_SANITY_PENALTY_MAX = -100/(day_time*6)

Thank you. Unfortunately, when I put it in modmain.lua, my mod simply crashes the game when I enable it.

Archived