[HELP] Wrong cave setting!

Okay, this is what happened to me, I used my current world setting to generate a new world for the 3rd part of the Metheus puzzle.

After I entered the case for the sacred chest, the geography of the cave looks like the world above. Then I check the worldgenoverride.lua file of the cave.

I found out that I used "default" on the task_set setting instead of "cave_default".

To be clear, I also use "default" on task_set in my current world's cave worldgenoverride.lua file.

My friend and I didn't enter the cave yet on our current world, but this world already passed the second fall. I don't really want to generate a new world because of this.

Is there any solution for my case? Can I just change "default" to "cave_default"? What should I do!? HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

If you have any progress you want to keep: Create a backup of your cluster folder just in case. If anyone left the game while in the "caves" server, their progress and items will likely be deleted, have them leave from the master server instead.

With the server stopped, do the following: replace the contents of your caves' worldgenoverride.lua with

return { override_enabled = true, preset="DST_CAVE" }

Delete your caves' save folder and launch the server. This will force the caves server to regenerate, this time with a caves preset.

Hope you get it sorted out. And welcome to the forums!

(Btw, if you're just creating a world to solve the third part of the puzzle, you can simply spawn in the sacred chest in the overworld via the c_spawn"sacred_chest" console command. If you're hosting a world with caves, press Ctrl so you see "remote" next to the command line, so that you have admin privileges.)

1 hour ago, alainmcd said:

If you have any progress you want to keep: Create a backup of your cluster folder just in case. If anyone left the game while in the "caves" server, their progress and items will likely be deleted, have them leave from the master server instead.

With the server stopped, do the following: replace the contents of your caves' worldgenoverride.lua with

return { override_enabled = true, preset="DST_CAVE" }

Delete your caves' save folder and launch the server. This will force the caves server to regenerate, this time with a caves preset.

Hope you get it sorted out. And welcome to the forums!

(Btw, if you're just creating a world to solve the third part of the puzzle, you can simply spawn in the sacred chest in the overworld via the c_spawn"sacred_chest" console command. If you're hosting a world with caves, press Ctrl so you see "remote" next to the command line, so that you have admin privileges.)

Thank you very much! It works! XDDD

Archived