A couple more starter biomes dotted around the map

I wonder have you considered having a couple more starter style biomes and resources dotted around the map?

I was just looking at some full map shots of peoples bases and that really struck me. I think it would be nice if there were at least a couple of small ones out there just beyond the first circle of more hostile environments surrounding you.

I would use these as waypoints to aim for while exploring early. It would allow small algae based early game outposts to be built and might encourage the player to expand outwards.

Not to mention the "basic" biome has features like the hatches, copper ore, and natural crops. The buried muckroot is fairly unique in that it provides +15 decor and never stifles (I think). Plus its just something different to decorate a base with.

10 hours ago, Maverick42 said:

Not to mention the "basic" biome has features like the hatches, copper ore, and natural crops. The buried muckroot is fairly unique in that it provides +15 decor and never stifles (I think). Plus its just something different to decorate a base with.

Absolutely. Outside of the starting zone it's nothing but green, purple and blue forever (and magma at the bottom).  Stumbling on a temperate zone would be a nice surprise. You could rely on the natural crops and starting resources you find out there to set up a cheap outpost to facilitate further exploration. Kind of like expanding in an RTS game.

I personally think this is a great idea, adding new zones would be an FANTASTIC idea, maybe add a jungle-like area where you can get vines that have fruit, a new creature could be in this area or something that is much more dangerous than that small-gray-resource-eating thing. Adding some form of fish? Make some sort of Alien base or abandoned ruins or something with traps or something.....there's a lot of possibilities as well as maybe making a form of space suit where you can create a dome so you can live on the outside of the comet your in...then the backdrop could be stars twinkling or a sun or moon or who knows what. Klei just needs to see these and take them into account, because this game has MASSIVE potential! :)  

Archived