SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE

When I tried to startup both Overworld and Caves Dedicated Servers Both of them sometimes get a port fowarding problem and display SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE

And everytime I try to edit my Server and Cluster.ini  I Save but after I restarted the server they both discarded my changes

sometimes at random i get the socket_port_already in use message in overworld and some times i get in caves

but at always at random 

5.jpg

CLUSTER.INI FROM CAVES (SS below)

1.png

Server.ini from caves (ss below)

2.png

cluster.ini from Overworld (SS below)

3.jpg

Server.ini from Overworld (ss below) 

4.jpg

And  I'm so sorry for the bad usage of this forum, I'm a new user, I have to get used to this forum yet, sorry ! :(

1 hour ago, alainmcd said:

Hi @Azedo, welcome to the forums!

Dedicated servers are no longer set up the way you're trying. Check out the official guide or my simpler guide.

Yay thank you very much for replying me. I also notice this, because I spent a whole day trying to configure my server, and I end up with three different ways of configuring it, anyways thanks I will use your guide then

I spent almost two hours and got the same problem. I realized there's a bad character between -shard Master and -shard Caves if you copy from the examples. May not be the same, but hopefully it helps someone else.

Type the lines below yourself instead of copying/pasting from the guide when creating your .bat file:

start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

@Nerdvous, I haven't encountered the issue you mention, and I've gone through both sets of instructions (mine and the official) quite a few times. OP's problem was due to an outdated guide: clusters are no longer launched the same way. Regardless, hopefully everything's working OK for you now. Drop me a line if you need anything.

And welcome to the forums!

Archived