Multiplayer Idea?

I think it might be cool to use these mechanics to make a 1 v 1 style game where it is all in real time. 

The two players would be placed kinda far away from each other and have to race to get the best materials and tools first. Eventually, as their colonies expand they could fight, set up traps, and do a bunch of different things to hinder the other player! That could also add some competitive aspect to the game and make it more popular, I feel. However, I am NOT saying to get rid of the current single player(because it is amazing) but being able to say something like "Im better than you at Oxygen Not Included" and then backing it up would be amazing.

By all means KEEP WORKING ON THIS GAME it is amazing and Ive loved every second of it! 

On 4/9/2017 at 3:00 PM, bigfoot1144 said:

I think it might be cool to use these mechanics to make a 1 v 1 style game where it is all in real time. 

The two players would be placed kinda far away from each other and have to race to get the best materials and tools first. Eventually, as their colonies expand they could fight, set up traps, and do a bunch of different things to hinder the other player! That could also add some competitive aspect to the game and make it more popular, I feel. However, I am NOT saying to get rid of the current single player(because it is amazing) but being able to say something like "Im better than you at Oxygen Not Included" and then backing it up would be amazing.

By all means KEEP WORKING ON THIS GAME it is amazing and Ive loved every second of it! 

pvp in a colony simulator doesn't fit in my opinion. i would say a co-op mode should belong in the game however. but i guess you could have some sort of mode for pvp but i prefer co-op

I agree to VillaEnders its more like a simulator and it just makes zero sense to input PvP while you already have death around every corner. Co-Op would seriusly make much more sense.
But for Co-Op I got some suggestions:

1. A bigger Map:
    I guess it just makes sense if two or more players play in one world we need a bigger Map with more meterials and mobs :)
  2. Speperate Spawns:
    If you want a Co-Op its just sensefull to make two speperate Colonys so you have to dig towards your freind to help or something like that.
  3. Trading System:
    If you're playing in Co-Op you will need a Trading System so you can send your freind materials to build, research or even keep his/her Oxygen production running ^^.
  4. Arguments:
    I still think its a bad idea to include PvP, but i guess it would makes some sense if a dupe of colony 1 accidently shot (while killing any mob or something) colony 2's dupe the other dupes of colony 2 gets kinda aggrassive and attack the attacker. But the player should be able to interupt this fight so no one gets hurt so you have the choice between PvP and Co-Op.

I hope you can agree with my suggestions of Co-Op and some sort PvP ^^

I'm sorry if I spelled something wrong :)

_FrostyFoxy ^-^

A mix of PvP and Co-op is what would be the best IF it's ever implemented. The ideas that others have about it being like a clash of clans/mobile PvP game are not something I would like to see in this game and imo are even less likely to make it into the final product. That being said what I've heard is that 1. The devs have said they are not going the multiplayer route or they aren't doing it anytime soon (grey area/heresay) 2. It would be extremely difficult to sync all the stuff being simulated. Regardless I'm still holding out they will do this and hopefully not in the mobile game type way.

Archived