Multiplayer!!!!

Oxygen not included is just another game that should have coop/multiplayer. Imagine how much fun it would be to play with your friends instead of spending several hours playing alone? Planning a base, exploring and building for sure would be more fun with other players. :(

This game has immense potential for a coop/multiplayer, it would be a big waste not to use it, just as they did with Don't Starve.

Do you plan to take control of a character like Don't Starve or have each player control as many dupes as they want?  I can't imagine the complexity of either option in the current ONI, but it doesn't hurt to dream... :p

Oh, and welcome aboard... the board!

i feel like co-op should be a thing. i read another thread about having servers and such but i dont agree with base raiding. it is just not the right game for it. but what we could do in co-op is maybe you start off in a bigger base than the small base with 3 dups. one person has 3 another has the other 3. so twice the size of the starting area and twice the amount of starter food, also more beginning oxygen. they could make it so those 2 share resources so it would balance things out.

On 04/04/2017 at 1:25 PM, tehMugwump said:

Do you plan to take control of a character like Don't Starve or have each player control as many dupes as they want?  I can't imagine the complexity of either option in the current ONI, but it doesn't hurt to dream... :p

Oh, and welcome aboard... the board!

Another way to do a cooperative work would be to create a Dup Groups function for each player (it is not necessary to have twice as many things, only minor adjustments), when the dups arrive, they could be divided between the "2 Players", not having to control individually.

One more detail, there could be dups exchanges between the groups, and instead of starting with 3 dups, we could start with 4 (2 for each player - 2 players).

Thank you for the welcome! :)

I think both jolly cooperation, and some hearty competitive, would both be possible In this game

A system of controlling either one dupe or a group of dupes, based on the number of players in the game, could be managed.  When there's one dupe to a player, control of one is implemented, and as the numnet of players and dupes adjusts, group or single dupe control could be decided in various ways when odd numbers arise

For competitive, maybe not so much clashing against another colony in battle, I don't think this game should go in that direction, but competing for resources on the same asteroid, somehow having your dupes be bound to adhere to a "space treaty" that would prevent accessing resources near another colony, creating a rush control the resources nearest you, expand, and out survive the other colonies. 

Archived