In the past few playthroughs, I've noticed that when things aren't going well and everyone is stressed, that there isn't much recovery after they've either vomited or destroyed something (Either that, or the setting was too chaotic for me to notice...).
I feel as though a reduction in their stress level after an episode would help make things more salvageable. It's already a drawback when they vomit everywhere and stress everyone else out with contaminated water, or destroy a resource that was important and having someone repair it when they could be building a very important generator or pump.
More stress-reducing resources or methods would also be helpful, even if they aren't the easiest to make. For example, food or drinks that make them feel better, or maybe they can talk to each other while they work and eat. Maybe some duplicates will gain a feeling of accomplishment after building something, or they have specific tasks that they enjoy doing. Massage tables are great, but I've found that they take up too much time and space when I'm struggling.

Now is the right time for Klei to work on a romance/friendship system with facilities made for relaxing/other... stuff so that the dupes can blow off some steam when they need to. Also, they need to let us make stress relieving the highest priority - irl, if a person is about to break down then they attempt to do something to relax. How about instead of breaking stuff or vomiting, they go relax instead? And none of the getting up suddenyly to vent, you don't need to vent if you're already lowering stress.

5 hours ago, DrBrobotnik said:

Now is the right time for Klei to work on a romance/friendship system with facilities made for relaxing/other... stuff so that the dupes can blow off some steam when they need to. Also, they need to let us make stress relieving the highest priority - irl, if a person is about to break down then they attempt to do something to relax. How about instead of breaking stuff or vomiting, they go relax instead? And none of the getting up suddenyly to vent, you don't need to vent if you're already lowering stress.

I was thinking of friendship system. It would be cool to see dupes actually talking one to another and relieve stress that way, or perhaps a small chance of dupes becoming enemies and then when they are working together they would annoy one another and gain a little bit of stress, so you would have to make them do different jobs.

Also another personality trait- a dupe that is cheerful and when other dupes are around him they lose stress, or gain the same stress level as the 'cheerful' dupe, that way you would only need to manually relieve stress from that one dupe that is cheerful. OR depending on the stress level of the cheerful dupe, the perk becomes more effective the less stress he has.

On 3/14/2017 at 2:45 PM, redspectrex said:

I feel as though a reduction in their stress level after an episode would help make things more salvageable.

This.  Also it doesn't really make sense to have episodes interrupt time on a massage table. That has to be the most frustrating thing for me so far. Maybe make that optional (even if it does kill difficulty some).

16 hours ago, mr_anderson said:

Also another personality trait- a dupe that is cheerful and when other dupes are around him they lose stress, or gain the same stress level as the 'cheerful' dupe, that way you would only need to manually relieve stress from that one dupe that is cheerful. OR depending on the stress level of the cheerful dupe, the perk becomes more effective the less stress he has.

I was thinking the same thing! We we are so in sync! Dupes that are not good for working but has a loveble personality could be a thing, they'd walk around in the base when they got nothing else to do, chatting with people doing work, lowering stress.

It would be neat to see different personality types which make different stress relief techniques more effective.

Sportsman: Will gain stress until has access to television, Prefers to watch 'the Big Game' (highly effective stress reduction [depending on the outcome. A big loss may result in Destructive behavior]) will work if priority 7 or higher tasks exist) otherwise gains stress. Prefers the alcohol beverage: beer.

Introvert: Prefers quiet activities like reading chairs (w/ access to a bookcase). Nearby Duplicates with flaws like 'loud sleeper', 'mouth breather', and 'flatulence' increase stress more than normal OR stress increased based on how many Duplicates are within three tiles.

Extrovert: Prefers activities with high Duplicate density, dance floor or karaoke machine. Gains stress if another duplicate isn't within three tiles for 30 seconds (will seek out company like going to recover breath).

Cerebral: Enjoys relaxing activities that prove their mental superiority, video lectures and chalkboards. 'Sport' relaxing activities have zero effect, Does not drink alcohol.

Vain: Prefers relaxing activities focused on the body, massage tables, mirrors, saunas, exercise equipment. Increased stress for 'stepping in contaminated water'. 

Archived