More effective slime processing

In the late game, you really need one of two things: a lot of water or a lot of algae.  There seems to be a huge deal of variety in how abundant these resources are in each world generation.  I've played games where I ran out of algae really early on, with none in sight anywhere near my base.  Other games had such rich deposits that I never came close to running out, even supporting a base with some 20 dupes.

When I saw that you could convert slime into both water and algae, I thought: Eureka!  A late-game solution for survival!  So I built a slime distillery thing, and waited patiently.  Ten minutes go by.  10 kg of algae?!  What?!  Mining a single block of algae gives you 100x this amount.  

I get that maybe you'll need to build a dozen of these things to support a big base.  But right now, they hardly seem worth the trouble to process large amounts of slime into barely enough algae to support one oxidizer.  All things considered, shouldn't a block of slime yield more than a single block of algae?  It should represent a higher concentration of useable material, considering it emits toxic gas even when in a storage crate, the stuff is a pain to work with.  If there's not a big reward for doing so, I don't know why I'd bother.

you can turn contaminated oxygen into liquid oxygen which turns into oxygen when it warms up in the next update will be really easy to do

the ice carrots cool down the atmosphere

they've also added geysers which produce Steam which also can turn into clean water and they also added something else you can put in water to boil it which allows you to turn contaminated water into Clean Water by making it into steam wait for the next update and by the way when you boil contaminated water it sometimes produces dirt

Archived