Designate Zones

It would be nice if we could create zones in the game.

Much like the priority tool, it would create priority zones where duplicate would walk through.

A zone 0 would be a danger zone where no duplicant should walk in, and a zone 9 would be a place where all idle duplicants gather.

Everything in between would let the duplicants walk through but with degrees of preferences.

This would allow beautifully decorated corridors to be walked through frequently and let the unused corridors be empty of duplicants. It could also prevent duplicants from going somewhere you don't want him to go to or constantly sleeping in the mines.

I could use that. I made a "room" for my Puft in one of my saves, put a closed door in the way so it doesn't escape. Now my Puft is frozen 98% of the time (when I reload the game it'll either poop out 2-3 slimes or go straight to the door and freeze immediately) AND 3-4 of my dupes go all the way down there, stand in front of the door and just lose their breath? It's the lowest area in my save atm, filled with CO2. I canceled all the actions I had planned in that area and they still go down there and just... stand. Some of them actually start suffocating and I have to manually tell them to go up to the "living areas" before they drop dead right next to the ladder.

Archived