Suggestions - 10 silly Ideas of mine. [Warning Text Wall]

-Say pal, you don't look so good,you’d better read some suggestions before Beta comes.

First of all, thank for reading my tread and sorry if i make some mistakes writing, I’m not English.

Well, from my greenhorn experience in this game (15h) I found it quite pleasant, like some kind of sadistic ant farm where everyone seems more inept than half the cast of the Three Stooges, and you as the all seeing «big brother» must guide their little feet to safety.

Well anyway these are some of my suggestions:

1 - The Horror: - We are in a strange rock In god knows witch part of space, we needed to survive and we created our little colony/cocoon to protect  us and survive, but something is strangely missing, yes we have faced an arduous road of hardships, we also found some aliens, but they where little and almost “pest” like, if this are the little ones, where are the big ones? - In all my time playing I got that strange feeling that something might pop out of nowhere and completely obliterate me, then nothing happens… I think this is an error, yes the need of oxygen and food is bad news, but we need something to fear, something that lurks in the corner of our eyes, something exciting. Maybe the phantom of other duplicates Stressing the crew? Maybe some cosmic horror devouring the gas and leaving only vacum and void? Or even an opposing colony threatening with destroying our artificial ecosystem.

2 – Photosynthesis: - So we got plants, check, they need oxygen, yes, but they don’t do photosynthesis… what? - If we are using the argument about being alien plants that don’t make photosynthesis, why do they even need oxygen or any other gas to grow? They don’t use O2 and produce CO2 either, they don’t actually breath in the game. So my suggestion is make the plants produce O2 or be creative and make them produce Hydrogen or Chloride if you want, (an alien version of photosynthesis)

3 – My first chemistry kit: - For my next next trick I'll create water out of thin air, literally (the chemical magician) – Ok I’ll admit it, I only made 2 year of chemistry at school BUT, I know that oxygen = O2, Hydrogen= H, Carbon dioxide = CO2, and in the game we have the technology to make O2 from H2O (Electrolyzer) so why can’t we do it both ways? Or even better use CO2 to create contaminated water (because the C atoms)

4 – Grind in some sand: - Rocks get in, sand comes out – This one is easy sand is a granular material composed of finely divided rocks and mineral particles, finer than gravel and coarser than silt. Logic-easy-and hella helpful. Also you can “nerf” it by contaminating the oxygen (suspended dust)

5 – Osmosis meets interior decor – Las week I lost another shoe – so we got gas permeable tiles, liquid permeable tiles, why not Item permeable tiles? It could be used to make some interesting systems like a slime farm, with a Morb and a Puft in the same sealed room and the slime falling to the room below; For example. Also they could be created using slime or some other new special material (maybe some giant cell or something)

6 – Pneumatic tubesMy hair! - I hear you like pipe systems so I added another pipe to your pipe systems. This one is about item management, pipes, collectors, droppers, sorters, item reception units. Being so useful and efficient I think this should be built with some special material and some late-game research. Also using the futurama version could make a nice elevator.

7 – Capturing mobs – Mommy I want a Puft and I want it NOW! - I just want to have one as a pet. And also it would be cool to be able to make an alien zoo, and the farm I talked about before. Also you could build it around the concept of Genetic clonation (kida like the dupes printer), having to kill the mob in question first to harvest their valuable DNA. This could be also used as a way to get food, domesticating, breeding and farming mobs for a source of meat and other resources (contaminated oxygen/water as a byproduct [Metane and waste])

8 – Upgrading station – Get your free Neuropozyne with every augment – Dupes could get some “expensive” upgrades from here, (gills, hazman suit, a segway [Gotta go fast], and much more)

9 – Oxygen Not SharedNow you won’t die alone, weee! - Just make that the dupes can be assigned to one of the players or other at the moment of spawning and create a colony with some friends, each one with their priority list and dupes under their dictatorsh... I mean guidance.

10 (last but not least) – The Schedule! - Gotta wake up at 7, eat at 8, bathroom at 9… - Okay, priority list are awesome, but there are things that can be hell to organize with only that, there are things dupes should do at once not whenever they please, making a little more organized the colony will make it a lot more effective.

The idea is simple, put some Hub tab or something that shows the cycle divided in hours or segments, and make a column for ever dupe in the base, after that make that some machines could be scheduled (food box, showers, generators, bathroom, massage tables…) this way you won’t pull more of your hair seeing that a priority 9 generator is not getting fuel because a dupe is using a priority 7 massage table or enjoying some quality time in a priority 6 research computer. [I think beds should be out of the question, since dupes pretty much chose whenever they are going to sleep]

This doesn’t mean that dupes shouldn’t use things not scheduled or scheduled in another hour/segment, they can go to the bathroom whenever they need but the first morning piss should be respected for efficiency’s sake. (exemple)

Well thanks for reading thill here, id appreciate the feedback, form mods and fellow players.

And I hope you have in mind these I the future. :D

Great ideas I like them all. but my favorites are:

10 (last but not least) – The Schedule! - Gotta wake up at 7, eat at 8, bathroom at 9… - Okay, priority list are awesome, but there are things that can be hell to organize with only that, there are things dupes should do at once not whenever they please, making a little more organized the colony will make it a lot more effective.

The idea is simple, put some Hub tab or something that shows the cycle divided in hours or segments, and make a column for ever dupe in the base, after that make that some machines could be scheduled (food box, showers, generators, bathroom, massage tables…) this way you won’t pull more of your hair seeing that a priority 9 generator is not getting fuel because a dupe is using a priority 7 massage table or enjoying some quality time in a priority 6 research computer. [I think beds should be out of the question, since dupes pretty much chose whenever they are going to sleep]

This doesn’t mean that dupes shouldn’t use things not scheduled or scheduled in another hour/segment, they can go to the bathroom whenever they need but the first morning piss should be respected for efficiency’s sake. (exemple)

7 – Capturing mobs – Mommy I want a Puft and I want it NOW! - I just want to have one as a pet. And also it would be cool to be able to make an alien zoo, and the farm I talked about before. Also you could build it around the concept of Genetic clonation (kida like the dupes printer), having to kill the mob in question first to harvest their valuable DNA. This could be also used as a way to get food, domesticating, breeding and farming mobs for a source of meat and other resources (contaminated oxygen/water as a byproduct [Metane and waste])

1 - The Horror: - We are in a strange rock In god knows witch part of space, we needed to survive and we created our little colony/cocoon to protect  us and survive, but something is strangely missing, yes we have faced an arduous road of hardships, we also found some aliens, but they where little and almost “pest” like, if this are the little ones, where are the big ones? - In all my time playing I got that strange feeling that something might pop out of nowhere and completely obliterate me, then nothing happens… I think this is an error, yes the need of oxygen and food is bad news, but we need something to fear, something that lurks in the corner of our eyes, something exciting. Maybe the phantom of other duplicates Stressing the crew? Maybe some cosmic horror devouring the gas and leaving only vacum and void? Or even an opposing colony threatening with destroying our artificial ecosystem.

I like the Horror to be a great end game monster. spawning in when you get to a certain amount of dupes or have a time limit for it to come falling out of space for you to fight.

4 hours ago, AlornJR said:

I like the Horror to be a great end game monster. spawning in when you get to a certain amount of dupes or have a time limit for it to come falling out of space for you to fight.

I would like the horror to be something like some kind of dissease or someabomination, like darkness that spreads from tile to tile, eating everything or being extremelly stresfull and toxic.

Apart from that i love these ideas, esspecially the one about the pneumatic tubes (-woooshhh-) with the aninmations, this could be funny as hell.

I really like the idea of Oxygen not Shared. I feel like it could be implemented in so many ways and still be good. Two people could be a dictator. Two people could be a dupe. Two people could be a dupetator (that is, a dupe and a dictator).

All of these are a pretty nice idea to have into the game.  I have a few friends that already rather have this game or are planning on getting it soon, and I would love the ability to play with them.

However, if they do make a "Oxygen Not Shared" extension to the game, they will need a system where you won't accidentally override your single player world or have one group world override another group you have saved.

13 hours ago, Veroxid said:

All of these are a pretty nice idea to have into the game.  I have a few friends that already rather have this game or are planning on getting it soon, and I would love the ability to play with them.

However, if they do make a "Oxygen Not Shared" extension to the game, they will need a system where you won't accidentally override your single player world or have one group world override another group you have saved.

Oxigen Not Shared

Interesting,  maybe making it another separated gamemode (as to not share saves) or sell it as an idependent game, like the "together" version of don't starve, that way Kley could also make a profit of the multiplayer version, but in this case they should do as the other game version: more content, diferent stories. (Maybe you are a revel dupe trying to fight aginst the dictatorship of "the big dupe" [A.K.A you on the single player] making their own resistance collony. 

Following this idea, you could even make use of "The Horror" idea i said before, making "The Big dupe" 's army your threat, as the Big bad, that you are destined to beat or at least die trying. (Wow, i like this idea maybe i'll write a book about this :P)

14 hours ago, Denneisk said:

Dupetator 

Love the name!

On 3/9/2017 at 9:02 PM, Pajaro1995 said:

Someone played Rimworld.

Not that I'm complaining. Rimworld did it best by ripping off DwarfTherapist wholeheartedly.

17 minutes ago, SpaceKing said:

Someone played Rimworld.

Not that I'm complaining. Rimworld did it best by ripping off DwarfTherapist wholeheartedly.

Actually i didn't, but it's one of my pending games, whn i get money to buy it i'll try.

Archived