Newbie questions

Hello, i`m a huge fan of prison architect and i decided to start playing ONI, the mechanics are quite similar (survival mode) but i have some specific questions to help me achieve a better "cycle-score".

I`m currently at 18 cycles and not even 1 problem till now, using gas pumps to get co2 away, contaminated water being cleaned, using low water/algae resources... but i dont know what to do with the contaminated oxygen/chloryne and hydrogen around me, there`s also a crystal material that takes forever to dig but it looks like there`s nothing to do with it yet, right?

12 minutes ago, HeyCenturies said:

I`m currently at 18 cycles and not even 1 problem till now, using gas pumps to get co2 away, contaminated water being cleaned, using low water/algae resources... but i dont know what to do with the contaminated oxygen/chloryne and hydrogen around me

CO2 can be handle with air scrubber or algae terrarium (both need clean water).

Contaminated oxygen is not that bad, they can be clean, but I'll rather not, because sands is too precious at late game.

Your dupes can still breath them, so just pump them out and let them fill the area outside your base. This is easier & cheaper way to let your dupes travel outside your base instead of providing them with clean oxygen.

And if you have a puff spawned, you can farm slime using puff & contaminated oxygen (slime = algae)

Side note: contaminated water/dirt & slime produce contaminated oxygen.

Hydrogen can be use to fuel Hydrogen Generator, produce power.

Chlorine, as current condition nothing much you can do except pumping them out of the base or just make them fall at the pit of your base.

I'll try to summarize the answers, so..

Dupes can breath contaminated oxygen with no drawbacks (if you don't run on pure oxygen only), or if you want, can be cleaned up with Air Deodorizer(consumes sand).

Chlorine has no use right now, catch it with gas pumps and send it to a hydrogen generator (which will destroy any gas that isnt hydrogen). I have a special room for hand sanitizer (which emits chlorine) with a pump, isolated from the rest of my base.

Hydrogen has the smallest atomic mass and density(in the game right now), and it goes up to the ceiling. I'd recommend you to build a bell like ceiling for easy gather. Send it into hydrogen generator for power.

Crystal material... can you give a name? I'd suggest you to dig all you can for future use (upcoming updates).

10 hours ago, Zervo said:

CO2 can be handle with air scrubber or algae terrarium (both need clean water).

Contaminated oxygen is not that bad, they can be clean, but I'll rather not, because sands is too precious at late game.

Your dupes can still breath them, so just pump them out and let them fill the area outside your base. This is easier & cheaper way to let your dupes travel outside your base instead of providing them with clean oxygen.

And if you have a puff spawned, you can farm slime using puff & contaminated oxygen (slime = algae)

Side note: contaminated water/dirt & slime produce contaminated oxygen.

Hydrogen can be use to fuel Hydrogen Generator, produce power.

Chlorine, as current condition nothing much you can do except pumping them out of the base or just make them fall at the pit of your base.

Hmm, i'm using sand to clean the contaminated water... i thought the contaminated oxygen would create a disease effect, not really worth using the air deodorizer then.

CO2 is kinda easy to deal with, using pumps to get that away can be useful.

Wait, so if i pump contaminated oxygen to a puff it'll produce slime?

I dont remember the name of the crystal/diamond mineral but i know it requires 150(?) to dig

4 minutes ago, HeyCenturies said:

Hmm, i'm using sand to clean the contaminated water... i thought the contaminated oxygen would create a disease effect, not really worth using the air deodorizer then.

CO2 is kinda easy to deal with, using pumps to get that away can be useful.

Wait, so if i pump contaminated oxygen to a puff it'll produce slime?

I dont remember the name of the crystal/diamond mineral but i know it requires 150(?) to dig

Yeah, for now using air deodorizer is not that worth it, but you can still use it if you want. usually it won't be using that much sand anyway if the contaminated are only a few grams or kilos.

But using them to create clean O2 that sustain your base wouldn't be recommended as of now.

Better using sand to clean water and then using that water to in electrolizer.

And yes Puff will shallow contaminated o2 and pooping slime.

so if you have lots of slime, contaminated dirt/water, you can farm slime for the rest of your life. lol.

Pumping CO2 outside the base can be a solution for now, but I don't know if we should get used to it or not. because it can be a hindrance in the long term.

well.. to be honest it depends on the people.

but somehow it just bother me, so usually I'm using terrarium or water to clear them. haha

Archived