Concepts and Criticism Pt 1

Alright, I've been obsessed with this game for about a week. I've played ~10 hours at time of writing this and have some Concepts and Criticism.

Concepts:

Gas Bottles - Add ability for duplicates to create oxygen bottles to last longer in toxic enviroments

Clothing/Armor - Duplicates can be outfitted with different Clothing to increase certain stats. Some clothing would reduce stress others would reduce damage etc.

Criticism:

Good - Nothing just goes away in this game... I f***ing love it. there is always the problem of trying to figure out where to put the toxic gas, or a safe place to put Chlorine gas because there is no way for it to just go away. Gas physics pose interesting problems. A+ on those

Bad - World gen seems to be a little underwhelming as each time you start things are for the most part similar. maybe add some things. Cold Planets where all the water is frozen and you have to get heat generators. Hot planets where there is no water and you need to filter it out of the air.

Ugly - Absolute RAM eater later stages and the longer you play for the worst it gets. I also have several times spawned in a chlorine cave and immediately died.

Overall fantastic game so far, I can't wait for updates.

P.S. Of course I don't want this to turn into an under cooked mess, optimize and fix so that it works before adding more. I got don't starve first day it was on steam and still play it. I want to see this game mature and evolve well.

Nothing just goes away in this game... 

Actually a large number of things just go away in this game. Duplicants destroy O2 without replacement, water is destroyed forever by algae terrariums, algae is destroyed forever as well by algae terrariums, water and dirt are destroyed forever by mush bars, all liquids and gases are destroyed forever if a tile is built over them or if they are mopped (you actually can get rid of that chlorine you use as an example by pumping into a high pressure space then building tiles over it and then deconstructing them), etc. 

5 hours ago, tehMugwump said:
2 hours ago, Crimeo said:

Actually a large number of things just go away in this game. Duplicants destroy O2 without replacement, water is destroyed forever by algae terrariums, algae is destroyed forever as well by algae terrariums, water and dirt are destroyed forever by mush bars, all liquids and gases are destroyed forever if a tile is built over them or if they are mopped (you actually can get rid of that chlorine you use as an example by pumping into a high pressure space then building tiles over it and then deconstructing them), etc. 

Duplicants emit a CO2 when breathing. Mush bars go into a duplicates stomach which turn to contaminated dirt. Algae is turned into O2 in a Terrarium

4 hours ago, FoshyTakashi said:

Duplicants emit only 2% as much gas as they breathe in, not 100% as much gas. So yes it destroys utterly the VAST VAST majority of what they breathe. 

Mush bars weigh 150kg of ingredients each, yet they only emit something like 7 kg per contaminated dirt visit. Again, vast quantities of material destroyed overall. Also, if they use the fancy lavatory, no contaminated dirt is made at all...

Algae is not turned into O2 in a terrarrium -- terrariums CONVERT CO2 to O2. So that already accounts for all the mass. Everything else that disappears in the process does not make sense, including the water and the algae.

Archived