DST | Modding Help

Just a quick inquiry, I'm trying to change the texture for a character follower mod (I'm gonna keep it an entirely private mod, not gonna post it on the workshop or anything, unless the creator of the original mod gives me permission to post it.), but as soon as I replace the .zip in "anim" with the .zip containing the textures I want, the character just goes invisible and becomes a shadow? Is there something I'm missing?

11 minutes ago, KetsuNika said:

Just a quick inquiry, I'm trying to change the texture for a character follower mod (I'm gonna keep it an entirely private mod, not gonna post it on the workshop or anything, unless the creator of the original mod gives me permission to post it.), but as soon as I replace the .zip in "anim" with the .zip containing the textures I want, the character just goes invisible and becomes a shadow? Is there something I'm missing?

Normally when you create a character/skin you need to setup your textures in an exported folder and do some setting up inside Spriter. It won't be just a quick replacement. I'd suggest taking a look at this tutorial I listed below to get an idea. 

Edited by RedHairedHero

10 minutes ago, RedHairedHero said:

Normally when you create a character/skin you need to setup your textures in an exported folder and do some setting up inside Spriter. It won't be just a quick replacement. I'd suggest taking a look at this tutorial I listed below to get an idea. 

EDIT: The .zip file contains .tex files and the build file from the other mod, I'm trying to get the same files to replace another mod's anim files so it uses Mod A's textures in place of it's own.

I would still need to do this even if the .zip comes from a separate mod? I looked at the tutorial and I recognized a few things, such as the assets and the like, I just don't know if I'm doing it right, if I need to do extra things to move anims/tex files from one mod to another.

Edited by KetsuNika

3 minutes ago, KetsuNika said:

I would still need to do this even if the .zip comes from a separate mod? I looked at the tutorial and I recognized a few things, such as the assets and the like, I just don't know if I'm doing it right, if I need to do extra things to move anims/tex files from one mod to another.

When you're using someone else's mod you'll notice they don't have an Exported folder typically, that's because the ANIM folder is the completed file after it's been pushed from the Exported folder. So in order to replace their ANIM file you would need to create an Exported folder of your own and the appropriate folder and files inside. The tutorial will provide an understanding of how to accomplish this. You may need to see about using KTools to get the appropriate folders and files.

Sometimes you could edit the .tex file if you just want to change an existing file (and keep same anim), but you must keep the original size of the original .tex file.

A clean spriter file is sometime a better option than editing a .tex file.