My first feedback

I started the game today and played a couple of hours. Some feedback :

- So first i got confused by water, because i needed some water bottles but didn't know how to obtain them from water. You just need access to a water point, but it's not very clear.

- About water, some building require water time to time, like one of the food producer (forgot name), but can you link it to water pipe and pump so your duplicant don't have to bring it water ? I didn't see an option for that, but it would be great if possible. Or making a small well could be great. Also good decoration :D

- Since the pipe description said it could go under tiles, i tried to link a pump to one machine and ... destroyed some dirt and flooded my base. Ok, error learned, but i would like a clearer warning. (But since english isn't my native langage, maybe the word "tile" sounded too generic for me and is very clear for others peoples)

- I'm a little confused about the cooking station, with only one recipe, is it really a good building to have ?

- Cancel and destroy options should maybe prioritize the rule of the filter you are on. So for example i wanted to destroy some pipe and ended destroying structures too. I'm sure i would not be alone.

- I did some researchs. And i'm a little frustrated, because usually my middle level research is ended before my low level research, and it's sad that you can't progress on differents researchs with differents stations.

- Is the material important ? For example, building something in obsidian or in a rarer material change something ? Or is the material not really relevant ?

- The game is fun, and some things are pretty intuitives so it's great.

Ok it's all for today. Maybe tomorrow i'll have others feedback.

as to automated watering of things. you can use a water pump and have it drain over things, like algae terrariums, and it will water them.

"tile" is mostly just talking about the thing you build yourself.  i totally understand how that could be non specific.

the cooking station currently doesn't feel that helpful, ill agree with you on that. they might change it down the line to be able to cook more things.  at least im hoping they do.

when using the "deconstruct" tool, you can actually specify which things it deconstructs.  after you click the tool, look in the bottom right corner of your screen. there is a little check box menu, that lets you select what you want to deconstruct.

I agree about the research stations, it kind of sucks you can't have different tiers of research stations, researching different things.

Material does make a difference.  for example, a tile made out of sandstone will slowly get destroyed by water.  though if you make it out of obsidian, water will not destroy it.

17 minutes ago, littled3mon said:

Material does make a difference.  for example, a tile made out of sandstone will slowly get destroyed by water.  though if you make it out of obsidian, water will not destroy it.

(Offtopic) That explains the slow disappearance of my water tank walls, didn't know that :')

11 hours ago, littled3mon said:

when using the "deconstruct" tool, you can actually specify which things it deconstructs.  after you click the tool, look in the bottom right corner of your screen. there is a little check box menu, that lets you select what you want to deconstruct.

I'm aware of that, discovered this after this little unwanted destruction :D I'm just saying it's not really obvious at first.

Thanks for the answers and tips :)

12 hours ago, littled3mon said:

There are also some very small decor bonuses.

Regarding the sandstone that will get destroyed, is it only if there is a lot of water  with a single "wall" tile ? I used to have some tanks with just 1 size wall and I broke one after filling it up. And doing the same with a 3 size wall didn't have any issue at all.

5 hours ago, Lumina said:

I'm aware of that, discovered this after this little unwanted destruction :D I'm just saying it's not really obvious at first.

Thanks for the answers and tips :)

cool :) glad you found it.

I definitely agree, it is not obvious that it is an option to do that.  it took me forever to notice you could do that as well, so i'm right there with you.

4 hours ago, Zarine said:

There are also some very small decor bonuses.

Regarding the sandstone that will get destroyed, is it only if there is a lot of water  with a single "wall" tile ? I used to have some tanks with just 1 size wall and I broke one after filling it up. And doing the same with a 3 size wall didn't have any issue at all.

I did not notice the decor bonus, that is good to know.

yes, volume of water does seem to make a difference. smaller amounts of water wont destroy 'weaker material' tiles.  I believe the attribute is called "hardness".  when you are looking at a material, it has a hardness value.

loving it so far but i agree research is poor at the moment  , needs breaking down or things added because there really is not alot of research (yes i know im sure things will be added ) , water piping for me is a disaster (from me ) i must be thick but i have pump,pipes to the relevant thing , in this case a shower , connnected , pipe out with the end part (forget name) to drain contaminated water away and all it says is empty pipe and flickers between saying couple of different things , just make it easier pipe in ..boom done , fanny around spending a hour doing piping makes game tedious while ur enjoying the game  , overall looks great and promising but water piping research and distinct lack of algae is my 3 concerns 

Archived