My suggestions for the game

I am going to start by saying I love the game and am excited to see where you take it! :)

Here are some suggestions that would make the game better, in my humble opinion....

1.  Make it so the Med beds and Massage tables are NOT assigned to one Duplicant.  It creates a huge waste of space and resources as it is now, having to have one of each for EVERY person.  Make it so that you build one, and whoever needs de-stressing or medical care, they use it.

2. More efficient Air scrubber and water cleaning machines.  Right now, it seems almost impossible to keep the gases balanced at all!  

3. Default to the material you have the most of for building floors, pipes, etc. instead of defaulting to a resource you don't necessarily have.

4. Several difficulty levels would be nice as well for people who want to have not such a hard core experience?

5. More food recipes, food items

6. More decor and usable relaxation items

:wilson_goodjob:

47 minutes ago, Jenndragonfly said:

I am going to start by saying I love the game and am excited to see where you take it! :)

Here are some suggestions that would make the game better, in my humble opinion....

1.  Make it so the Med beds and Massage tables are NOT assigned to one Duplicant.  It creates a huge waste of space and resources as it is now, having to have one of each for EVERY person.  Make it so that you build one, and whoever needs de-stressing or medical care, they use it.

2. More efficient Air scrubber and water cleaning machines.  Right now, it seems almost impossible to keep the gases balanced at all!  

3. Default to the material you have the most of for building floors, pipes, etc. instead of defaulting to a resource you don't necessarily have.

4. Several difficulty levels would be nice as well for people who want to have not such a hard core experience?

5. More food recipes, food items

6. More decor and usable relaxation items

1. They do that already. You can also just assign and re-assign as necessary, almost like forcing them to go to it. If they don't, just turn off all of that dupe's jobs.

2. The air scrubber is fairly efficient as it is. However, I really don't like how it removes the carbon dioxide by replacing the location with a vacuum; it messes with the air pressure. It really is difficult to keep gasses balanced at the moment.

3. Please please please make this a thing! I'd rather not have my few hundred kg of obsidian be used as material for 50 pipes instead of my few 100k kg of sandstone.

4. I consider myself as one of those hardcore players. At the current state of the game, so far, it seems that just creating the most efficient lay-out that follows the usual rules (no contaminated oxygen, no carbon dioxide, no hydrogen, no contaminated water etc) is fairly difficult. With all of those, it gets really easy.

5. Yup! Would be great to have an alternative to my oxygen hungry mealwood plants.

6. De-stressing takes way too long, especially with the bug that gives them a relatively permanent "interrupted sleep" debuff. Plus, more ways to make your base pretty. Yay!

I like some of these suggestions and would add:

1- Sleep schedules so your night owl Dups can work at night.

2- Perhaps a reason to actually give Dups their own rooms as opposed to the mass dormitories?

3- Please, please, please... can we have REAL giant hamsters for our hamster wheels? Taming animals, etc, has been suggested and even mentioned as planned for the future in some threads, but having a hamster-like animal to run on the power wheels would kind of make me happy.

4- Plant crossbreeding/genetics/etc?  Start with the crappy stuff and eventually grow and make crops that can adapt to underground environments. Farmable Muckroot (is that what the pear-looking fruit is called?) would be nice too. Maybe you can have food plants, plants that give off light, etc.

5- Cooking overhaul? I've seen many people suggest not cooking at all since it requires so much of your limited and non-renewable water and cooking uses quite a lot of water for what you get. Also, I didn't really get the 2 bars for one deep fried bar idea so I never really built that cooking machine in game. Bar + oil/fat from some source seems more appropriate. Though I was never someone who liked the whole you have to refine 2 of the same thing to get one better thing idea.

6. Animal and perhaps Dup genetics/mutagen/breeding (Not Dup breeding, but animal breeding): It was suggested in the nuclear power thread that radiation could cause mutations, but I thought I'd fomally suggest the idea of making mutagen, adding mutation through contaminated O2, etc. It could add a fun little quirky system to the game. Also... why do my Dups with "mole hands" not dig with said mole hands? That's actually where this idea came from. >.>;

7. Fun with heat- I am not actually sure if temperature rises and falls like gasses do with their weight in the game, but a funny idea that randomly came up today was what happens if you have an area of extreme heat or extreme cold in your base... could windstorms or even tornadoes happen? What about rain?

8. Elevators/Teleporters/etc so you could have remote outposts in places where resources can be gathered far from your base, etc.

9. [EDIT:] OH yeah... Making walls made of different materials be different colors and forcing dups to use the materials that you specify. I'm not sure if it makes a difference for water, but it's really frustrating building a reservoir for your water to make it look nice and the water just eats though the wall. I've even had it eat through 2- tile wide walls =/

Archived