Algae Terrarium taking so much water

I dont know if its a bug or something like that: when  I make some algae Terrariuns the dupes spend most of the time getting water to the same algae terrarium and, sometimes, they spend a whole cycle just to water them. So I clicked on the algae and it always say ''pending water: 1,5kg'' so they get the water, fill it up and then get more water... Am I doing something wrong?? Anyone knows if I let a little bit of water run on the algae's floor, will water it automatically?? 

I found that if I have water spread in a thin layer, say, I'm running low or there was a spill or something, I get this issue as well. It's because the dupes will gather all the water they can from the square they select, even when that's only a minute amount, and then they will bring that tiny amount of water to the algae terrarium to drop it off, realize they only got like 1/50th of what they need, and go to gather another tiny little bit of water. 

I've found that keeping big tiles full of water helps here, but is sometimes hard to do.

29 minutes ago, Salm77 said:

Did you set the priority of the terrariums to 9 ?

If you do this, they will most likely drop anything to keep it filled up.

I set all the terrariuns to 3, other to 5 and the things I really need they do to 9, but this continues to happen.

7 minutes ago, Criptfeind said:

I found that if I have water spread in a thin layer, say, I'm running low or there was a spill or something, I get this issue as well. It's because the dupes will gather all the water they can from the square they select, even when that's only a minute amount, and then they will bring that tiny amount of water to the algae terrarium to drop it off, realize they only got like 1/50th of what they need, and go to gather another tiny little bit of water. 

I've found that keeping big tiles full of water helps here, but is sometimes hard to do.

hmmmm i got it. I have a flood problem in my last base, and the issue tended to get worse... I will try to not spread too much the water and see what it changes. But what it suprised me, was the '' 1,5kg pending water'' in the algae terrarium. Maybe, later, I will take some screenshots and post in the bugtracker, I'm little busy right now... Thx guys for the feedback

Archived