Sweepping and start of the game

The first time I tried to sweep, my duplicants wouldn't do it. Took me time to realize the elements I wants to sweep were too heavy (I did not expected it, since they were so small on the screen). So they were way to heavy for my first chest.

Why do we start with such a small chest ? If the first things we are going to dig won't fit in, why even bother giving us the chest at all ? If it is for food, then let us have a fridge to start with instead (also, make it the fridge from DS, as a reference...)

Also :

> maybe let us build the first chest ?

> maybe make the duplicants that have to sweep have a "though bubble" with the picture of a chest in it, so we know that they are not sweeping because they won't have a place to store the elements.

> maybe make the elements in a more believable weight. A small rock shouldn't be hundreds of kilos.

> maybe make the duplicants spawn in a zone with "light" elements, and the more we digg around, the more the elements might be heavy (if it is already like this, then I haven't been far enough in the game to see it) ; It would make sense that the first elements we sweep enter the first chest we get as well.

2 hours ago, Fuzzi974 said:

My point is, the first chest didn't looked like a food only chest, so I was puzzled that the elements would not fit in.

It made sense later that it was food only, but it was not obvious.

It is kind of silly that there's a storage container just for food. I'd personally prefer generic small/large storage containers (think like batteries) that can hold anything, and then a more flexible ability to set what what kinds of things they can hold, what radius that storage container "controls" for sweeping purposes, etc.

47 minutes ago, Roadie said:

It is kind of silly that there's a storage container just for food. I'd personally prefer generic small/large storage containers (think like batteries) that can hold anything, and then a more flexible ability to set what what kinds of things they can hold, what radius that storage container "controls" for sweeping purposes, etc.

But i think the point is, since food takes so little place, weights so little, you would be able to store ginnormous amounts of food in just 1 storage. It's not realistic but it's a matter of balance i think. 

Archived