Survival of a Griefer

I start with a background of how...  

I started a thread on how to be a great host and joiner.  In the thread, a person suggested that I just make a mini base at the beginning with a few essentials instead of creating signs to my base, or leading them to my base.  Fast forward to like a week ago, I decided to start a new DST with my brother and follow his advice.  I created three chests: torches, axes, pickaxes, logs, shovels, spears, and winter hats (I added that when it was close to Winter)  I also left a few backpacks by the portal, a fire pit, Science Machine, icebox, crockpot, and planted a few trees by the base.  I made directional signs pointing to rocks/gold and beefalo.

I did this because I generally become overprotective and drop everything I'm doing to go to the person.  I hate having to do that, but I always feel obligated to do so as a host.  When I do lead them back to my base, I notice that they have no experience and I tend to confine them to my base area.  It's annoying because no one wants to play the game all day in one spot, and I personally don't like feeding and taking care of them and myself.  I did that, following a guy's advice, because the people who have no experience will leave when I'm not coddling them, and the potential griefers won't find my base.

Anyway...  Someone joined our server and greeted us.  He then proceeded to ask for the base.  We told him that we created a special base just for him by the portal and that we both have a separate base of our own; that was true because my brother can never stay confined to one spot, so he generally explores and make mini bases of his own.  He then started acting clingy asking why he can't live with us.  Um??? afcc1531029320035bb966993550b8c6.png  We just stayed silent and he ended up leaving.  My brother told me that he was either a new person with no experience, basically dead weight, or he was a troll.  I had a feeling that he was a troll because no one was that clingy, right???  I decided to go to the portal and sure enough, he burned everything he could.  Lucky I didn't make a hammer.  The funny thing is, if he followed the directional sign to the beefalo, then he would have found my base; I generally like to make my base close to the beefalo.  

Archived