Need Help Creating Equipment For a Fatal Frame Project

I saw a mod based on one of the protagonists from Fatal Frame 5 on the workshop, but didn't care for the way they functioned. However, I really liked the idea because I'm a big fan of Fatal Frame overall.

That being said, I'm currently trying to code a few pieces of equipment from the game to go with the new character I've created and wondered if anyone might find it to be an interesting exercise in experimenting with codes to help me speed the process along, as I'm still an amateur at coding, so while I can comprehend, it takes me an awful long time to execute (correctly).

Purifiying Embers are simple, but since I'm here, I'll put it in. All they do is in Fatal Frame is instantly dry you off completely. Just need an item that can stack and does exactly that.

The Camera Obscura could get a little dicey. In Fatal Frame, this is your main weapon of choice, used to exorcise hostile spirits, albeit with a somewhat limited range of effectiveness. Use of the camera is also rumored to inflict several dire side-effects such as "increase the risk of being attacked by spirits, result in the user being driven insane by what they see, and cause them to commit suicide."

The camera can be augmented by special Lenses that cause attacks to have special effects such as Extra Damage, Slowdown, Lifesteal, or Increased Loot Drops.

Some of these concepts are easily translatable, some aren't. SO...here's my brainstorming notes so far for the Camera Obscura:

Spoiler
  • Limited Ranged Weapon that drains sanity while wielding it, causing health damage after reaching 0.
  • How much sanity should it drain per minute?
  • How much damage should it deal?
  • Should it deal EXTRA damage to Ghosts and Shadow Creatures?
  • Should it ONLY deal damage to Ghosts and Shadow Creatures?
    • If so, are the Lenses reduced to borderline worthless fluff?
  • Should killing Ghosts and Shadow Creatures with it restore (additional) sanity?

And now the Lenses brainstorming notes:

Spoiler
  • Are they even necessary or interesting, or do they just serve to over-complicate things and possibly trivialize enemies?
  • They would need their own equipment slot.
  • Is it even possible to influence the effects of a weapon based on other currently worn equipment?
  • Is it even possible to (easily) influence the loot a creature drops when killed?
  • Is it even possible to make an item's charge go down based on ANOTHER specific equipped item's usage?

That's all for right now. Please, if you're interested, respond with comments, ideas, solutions, etc. I'd greatly appreciate any help people are willing to offer, and would certainly credit you in the final product.

Edited by Alkaiser