Question for any available ONI devs

I know better than to ask for a set-in-stone release date.  Instead, I was wondering if it is known what the time difference will be between the release date announcement and the release date.  For instance, will the game be released a week/month/year after the release date is announced?  Take the following 2 scenarios:

1.  On March 15th, Klei announces that the game will be available on April 15th (a one month "release date lag").

2. On January 20th, Klei announces that the game will be available on January 20th, 2018 (a one year "release date lag").

Obviously from a player standpoint the first scenario is preferable, despite not knowing the exact release date until 2 months after the second scenario.  I keep holding onto the (foolish) hope that one day I'll log onto Steam to find that ONI was secretly released in the dead of the night.  To prevent my poor little soul from suffering any more heartbreak, is there any way that we could be told the release date lag?

Archived