[Solved] Force Resolution / DisplayID

Hello.

I'm doing a lot of work in order to automate things for my younger kid, so he can switch between desktop monitor and TV without messing around Windows/game settings.

For DST, I've included a script which edits some of the [GRAPHICS] values on client.ini before the game starts, and set resolution to 1920x1080 and display_id to 1. But no matter what, the game always revert the display_id back to 0, and thus the resolution to 1366x768, which is the max supported by my desktop monitor.

I've forced the game to not encode saves, so I could take a look at some values, but there is nothing about display_id or resolutions.So, what about it?

Is the game looking for the settings somewhere else?

Is it a common executable behaviour to always start on display_id 0  ? 

Could it be a bug?

I'm out of ideas right now...

I would post it on the Bugs thread, but I'm not sure if it is a bug. I don't think it would fit the Feedback thread as well. Anyways, I count on mods to move this post if needed.

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT/SOLUTION]: It seems like the problem is the script engine I was using (NirSoft's ".ncl" files). I took advantage of the -config_dir command line argument on DST and used a batch file instead.

Everything works as intended now, the game clearly reads whatever is set on client.ini, and there is absolutely no bug on such.

Archived