Persistent minimap icon

So, I want to add a persistent minimap icon to a wormhole for a client only mod. I've got the save/load part already (thanks to Blueberrys DataContainer), but I have no idea how I should tackle the next part: add the icon.

The minimap icon already changes when the player gets close enough to the wormhole (already know its position), but if he's far away it doesn't updates (like expected). Is there any way to add the icon manually to the minimap?

The only idea that comes to my mind is creating a custom widget that contains the icons, add it to the mapscreen, get its scale just right, position the icons relative to their position and the minimap position, and update everything when the map is dragged around.. which sounds like a lot of pain.

Edited by Ryuushu

Welp, I totally messed up on the title. It should have been "Temporal/dummy minimap icon", because I only need it to be there until the player walks close enough to it for the minimap to update.

Well, both of them work actually, but a temporal one sounds easier to implement.

Edited by Ryuushu