Spriter help (repositioning)

Hello all. Forgive me if this is covered anywhere else but I've failed to find anything by searching.

I'm making a character mod using the extended sample character template. Unfortunately while I figured out a way to make my character's tail over the various sections of the original tail, I realised that the idle animations in the game twist it too much and I had to make one single tail file for the whole thing and just not have it move, since animation eludes me.

The problem is though the tail does not fit in the 250x100 space, especially not while still pointing in the right place. So I made the file 200x200 which fit it much better. Only problem is of course it's not in the right place

In Spriter, I moved the tail to the right position on all three directions, and I've tried deleting the ZIP and having it recompile, and even went into the ZIP, opened the Build.xml, and found the tail-0 image and copied the x and y coordinates from Spriter to the position written in the xml. I've made sure the file and the zip are saved and updated now, but in game the tail is still placed below my character's feet.

I Really though it would just be a case of positioning things correctly on the Spriter and saving (and maybe recompiling) but this hasn't worked, so, could anyone please help me?
Other things I've done in spriter, like layering things properly, has worked. but not this.

I'm not looking for a huge long in depth tutorial from scratch since pretty much everything else is done. I'd jsut like a quick and simple explanation on how to reposition resized items/custom image files on a character in Spriter

Hopefully it will help others looking for a simple explanation on this, too.
Thanks in advance!

de2f2eb13a02aaf785617de55f0e6a33.png

9839313ac720c5e85eda8378d6820cd2.jpg

Scratch that the layering doesn't seem to have worked either, the bottom of the hoodie is on top of the top, and the top half is on top of the hair when she's facing backwards. (I'd flipped the skirt and torso, and moved the headbase for back up the top above the clothes)

Also, for some reason all the graphics have a horrible pixel outline around them DX
Whyyyyyy

34 minutes ago, Temakixai said:

Ooh, that definitely sounds like what I need, but how do I do that specifically?

Right click in spriter where you see the pivot position and you should have 2 options, 'use default' or 'overwrite default'.

Thank you, I found that. Although when I did it on the first tail it threw the other two off and I had to realign them and do the same on theirs.

But I let it recompile the zip file (which was already deleted) and it still isn't in the right place in the game.

Just to be clear, am I missing anything i'm supposed to delete and recompile? or just the zip in the exported folder?

The exported folder should not be zipped and you should simply recompile. Any change made in the exported folder will automatically be found by the auto-compiler. Also, if they are still in the wrong place, continue playing with the default pivot position; that is how you manipulate how it looks in the animations.

21 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

The exported folder should not be zipped and you should simply recompile. Any change made in the exported folder will automatically be found by the auto-compiler. Also, if they are still in the wrong place, continue playing with the default pivot position; that is how you manipulate how it looks in the animations.

yeah I didn't mean the whole folder was zipped, I meant the one in it along with the spriter file. maybe it's just how my comp is displaying it?

New canvas.png

The autocompiler creates that zip file, the .zip file you need to worry about is in the anim folder which is the final product. You can ignore both zip files, as I said the autocompiler is smart enough to determine when a change was made within Spriter and will only compile recently changed animations.

9 hours ago, Kzisor said:

The autocompiler creates that zip file, the .zip file you need to worry about is in the anim folder which is the final product. You can ignore both zip files, as I said the autocompiler is smart enough to determine when a change was made within Spriter and will only compile recently changed animations.

Thank you! I managed to fix the tail.

What I realised was I actually have to drag the red dot to the right place on the body haha. I didn't even notice it was there until I was trying to find something to right click on after your first response, so go figure I didn't realise you could move it.

I think I've managed to position it right now just about. Now the only major thing bugging me is the layering. In spriter I have all the pieces layered correctly, although I see there's two tabs on that section. I'm on "Z-order", but there's also "hierachy" which has the objects in the wrong places, but I can't move them. is it possible to do so?

1 hour ago, Kzisor said:

There is no way to change the order in which items appear on the Z axis, that is all dictated by the animation themselves. It's recommended to modify your images to accommodate the issue you're running into.

that was the first thing that came to mind but I can't really cut the shape of the hair around the torso can I? Since the two parts move separately