Can I put a DST world into a dedicated server?

10 hours ago, TwoDees said:

Yes, take everything in your cluster_# folder and paste it into your dedicated server folder. Change your cluster.ini accordingly. 

This is how I pick the settings of my dedicated worlds & mods with ease. 

thanks, will try that.

11 hours ago, TwoDees said:

Yes, take everything in your cluster_# folder and paste it into your dedicated server folder. Change your cluster.ini accordingly. 

This is how I pick the settings of my dedicated worlds & mods with ease. 

it didn't work. I started up in a new world. @TwoDees

Go to (My) Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether (DoNotStarveTogetherANewReign if you're in the A New Reign beta), copy and paste Cluster_1 (or whatever number) and rename the new folder to MyDediServer. Get a token for your dedicated server following steps 3-6 from the Quick Setup Guide. Go to your Don't Starve Together installation folder (in Steam, right-click "Don't Starve Together->Properties->Local Files->Browse Local Files), go to "bin" and create a new folder named "scripts". Create a new file named "MyDediServer.bat" (make sure it has the ".bat" extension) and paste this into it:

@ECHO OFF

cd ..
"%~dp0..\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -only_update_server_mods
start "My DST Server Forest" /D "%~dp0.." "%~dp0..\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -skip_update_server_mods -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master
start "My DST Server Caves"  /D "%~dp0.." "%~dp0..\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -skip_update_server_mods -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

If your server doesn't have caves, remove the last line. Start your server by running this file. To stop the server, type "c_shutdown()" without the quotation marks in both windows or you'll lose your progress since the last autosave.

6 hours ago, alainmcd said:

Go to (My) Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether (DoNotStarveTogetherANewReign if you're in the A New Reign beta), copy and paste Cluster_1 (or whatever number) and rename the new folder to MyDediServer. Get a token for your dedicated server following steps 3-6 from the Quick Setup Guide. Go to your Don't Starve Together installation folder (in Steam, right-click "Don't Starve Together->Properties->Local Files->Browse Local Files), go to "bin" and create a new folder named "scripts". Create a new file named "MyDediServer.bat" (make sure it has the ".bat" extension) and paste this into it:

@ECHO OFF

cd ..
"%~dp0..\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -only_update_server_mods
start "My DST Server Forest" /D "%~dp0.." "%~dp0..\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -skip_update_server_mods -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master
start "My DST Server Caves"  /D "%~dp0.." "%~dp0..\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -skip_update_server_mods -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

If your server doesn't have caves, remove the last line. Start your server by running this file. To stop the server, type "c_shutdown()" without the quotation marks in both windows or you'll lose your progress since the last autosave.

I have the steam version of the dedicated server. @alainmcd

If you have DST installed on the same PC (and user), you can use these instructions; as far as I can tell, dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe is the same for DST and DST Dedicated Server. If you don't have it installed (or simply prefer to use the dedicated server), just place MyDediServer in [DST Dedicated installation]\bin\scripts, and you'll need to edit your mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua if you're using mods.

4 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

If you have DST installed on the same PC (and user), you can use these instructions; as far as I can tell, dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe is the same for DST and DST Dedicated Server. If you don't have it installed (or simply prefer to use the dedicated server), just place MyDediServer in [DST Dedicated installation]\bin\scripts, and you'll need to edit your mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua if you're using mods.

@alainmcd yeah I have the DoNotStarveTogetherDedicated. also is it normal that the cluster_1 folder has only 12KB?

Ok, I think I got it.

First, backup your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. If you're in the beta, the folder you'll be using is DoNotStarveTogetherANewReign. In DoNotStarveTogether, copy the folder Cluster_X (where X is the number of your save) and paste it, rename the new folder to MyDediServer. Create a server token (steps 3-6 from the Quick Setup Guide) and place it in MyDediServer. Now is where it gets interesting. Go to DoNotStarveTogether\client_save and open the file "saveindex" with a text editor. This is essentially a lua file.

If you're not comfortable with lua, upload the file, I'll tell you how to proceed.

If you're comfortable doing it yourself: you need to change the last_used_slot to 1 and remove the entries from the slots table that you don't need, so if your world is in slot 3, delete the entries 1, 2, 4 and 5. Save this file as DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master\save\saveindex overwriting the file. In saveindex you'll need to find your session_id. Go to DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\session and copy the folder that matches your session_id, paste it in DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\save\session. And that's it. Hopefully it'll work. Run your server with MyDediServer.bat.

18 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

Ok, I think I got it.

First, backup your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. If you're in the beta, the folder you'll be using is DoNotStarveTogetherANewReign. In DoNotStarveTogether, copy the folder Cluster_X (where X is the number of your save) and paste it, rename the new folder to MyDediServer. Create a server token (steps 3-6 from the Quick Setup Guide) and place it in MyDediServer. Now is where it gets interesting. Go to DoNotStarveTogether\client_save and open the file "saveindex" with a text editor. This is essentially a lua file.

If you're not comfortable with lua, upload the file, I'll tell you how to proceed.

If you're comfortable doing it yourself: you need to change the last_used_slot to 1 and remove the entries from the slots table that you don't need, so if your world is in slot 3, delete the entries 1, 2, 4 and 5. Save this file as DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master\save\saveindex overwriting the file. In saveindex you'll need to find your session_id. Go to DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\session and copy the folder that matches your session_id, paste it in DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\save\session. And that's it. Hopefully it'll work. Run your server with MyDediServer.bat.

I'll try that tomorrow :D thanks

Archived