Auto-lock On with Xbox Controller

aBabyPenguin

Hi Klei, I noticed that when using the mouse and keyboard, throwing bamboo darts became incredibly accurate. When switching back to the Xbox controller, I quickly began to hate the auto-lock feature. Do you think it would be possible to integrate an option in the controls menu to disable auto-locking on the Xbox controller? I would love to have the precision to throw a bamboo dart right next to a guard's foot while using a controller.

• MOTD

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. Honestly, we always intended items to "lock" on to things until we started play testing the mouse and keyboard. Locking was making it difficult to do 360 degree sweeps on the mouse, you just kinda ran out of room on the desk. I'm not sure if this is something that we can easily change for the controller. We'd have to make it an option to turn on or off I suppose. I'll try and find out in the AM. Thanks for the feedback!

• MOTD

Alrighty, so in focus mode, darts will always "snap". Outside of focus mode, it's easier to throw darts in a general direction with a mouse because you can see your mouse cursor and get an idea where you can aim. We can't really add a recital or anything for this (especially at this point). I know the strategy you're wanting to do though, I do a similar thing on the 360 build I frequently play. When you're not in focus mode, you can "generally" chuck darts if you aim your analogue stick. You can use it to try and lure guards with the impacts, without breaking lights etc. It's not super precise, but your ninja isn't "focusing" so it's kinda of as designed to be difficult to do. Hope that makes sense!