(Help) Mod help: three problems

Hello I/m currently remaking an old mod of mine for DST sofar everything is remade and ready except the art assets im now working on

and I have 2 questions/problems I cant seem to figure out

1: I'd like to know how to make a weapon [A staff] unable to hit or affect shadow creatures at all. aswell as adding an attack cooldown to said weapon preventing spam

2: Also I Altered the Maxwell book animation to hold a different texture but on recompiling it it breaks the animation a bit. I tried seeing if it was the images I changed but no even with the default images the act of recompiling still breaks them. They appear fine in spriter tho just ingame they are broken.

3: setting it so when I summon a being [alike to Maxwells clones] it takes a flat amount of sanity instead of a percentage returned on clone death

Sorry for the trouble not the best at coding

Edited by CAdaverOusPRophet

Problems 1 and 2 I solved myself still stumped on problem 3. Answers below incase anyone needs the results

1: Added a check for burnable component [which shadow creatures dont have] Even when it causes no flame only a damage over time effect [Ill have to find a better component to target]

2: Krane breaks animations  Ill have to manually fix the book animation in spriter

1) If you are able to check for compinent, why aren't you able to check for Tag? Just check for "shadowcreature" Tag. inst:HasTag("shadowcreature")

3) you mean the sanity penalty, right?  I think this is not possible without adding a couple of your own sanity functions. You have to mod the sanity component and maybe also the sanity_replica one.
This is much work and you should think about it, if it is worth the hassle.

Ah thank you that would work better since there are a few things immune to burning

And I figured I was trying to make it like singleplayer where the more I upgrade the more sanity I get which means I can command more minions. Might attempt it then