When hosting, my ping appears as "???"

Hello @Ragnar41, welcome to the forums. I replied to someone with the same issue before but they never got back to me so I'll just copy paste my recommendation to them here below:

Spoiler

From what I recall, "???" ping is due to the game client not being able to ping the server at all which is possibly blocked by the firewall. If you're running your dedicated server from your own PC then make sure the dedicated server .exe file called "dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" under (Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin) is enabled OR whitelisted through your firewall. To do so, you can try to set the .exe files to "Run this program as administrator" (Right Click .exe > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as administrator > Apply > Ok) including the DST .exe file called "dontstarve_steam.exe" under (Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin).

The method in the spoiler is if you are using Steam Tools to run the dedicated server on your PC, if you're using steamcmd it should be in SteamCMD\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin instead that you must enable "Run this program as administrator".

I'm quite certain there's a better method to fix this which entails tweaking your router if you're connected to the internet through one. Method to follow is in this thread.

Aside from that, I have no other ideas. Sorry, cheers.

@Ragnar41 you should be adding a modoverrides.lua file in the master and caves folder of your dedicated server folder (One in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YouServerNameFolder\Master\modoverrides.lua and another in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YouServerNameFolder\Caves\modoverrides.lua).

Follow the methods in this thread, the method I mentioned there is the best way I know to generate modoverrides.lua if you are configuring a lot of mods. But the basic contents of a modoverrides.lua should be something as follows:

return {
  ["workshop-375850593"]={ enabled=true },
  ["workshop-378160973"]={ enabled=true } 
}

I hope that helps, cheers.

I think you don't have to concern about that problem.

It is just an info you got about your server (or other server).

Just hit connect and the real connection's strong with show up when u hit tab.

About browsing server. sometime ping show up, some times, ping mark as ???. i don't really know what condition lead to this problem

Archived