Regarding Input

Hello!

I have received my beta code, and with much haste, I was playing don't starve together with my wife, in the couch, as we have been longing for it together.

The performance is very smooth and the overall mechanics, however, something has been really bothering the both of us:

On Don't Starve: Reign of Giants, the attack button (Square), when pressed waited for you to complete the action and if you already had an analog direction pressed it would not override your action, it would rather, attack the air, even if the character was locked onto something.

On Don't Starve Together, the attack button (Square) when pressed, completly overwrites any other inputs currently "on", but the attack motion also gets repeated endlessly as long as both is being pressed.

For an example, if you are running and you spot a rabbit, while following the rabbit and pressing square, and the analog to whatever direction, your character will be stuck in an endless attack/running motion, whilist standing still.

This has made hunting quicker creatures with melee weapons impossible for me and my wife, we are now relying on traps and boomerangs to do our bidding.

I am not sure if this is a mechanic and if it is, I would be very sad, as kiting has became rather difficult to apply.

Thank you Klei!

I completely agree.  I feel as though the animations have slowed the responsiveness of the game.  quickly picking up items on the ground is doing the same thing.  it's like you have to walk to it, stop, hesitate, then press the pickup button.  Very different from the base game and in my opinion something than needs fixed.

Another agreement here. I got to about day 15 and felt as though the thing that stood out as needing work was the combat using square. ROG was smooth and I felt in control of combat. This one felt clunky and picking up items was very hit or miss as far as timing. I would agree this is an absolute showstopper for me.

Archived