Hey guys, I hope this is the correct area for this. I recently started up a don't starve public server, and it is working fine. I wanted to add mode, and did it just like I usually do. (It worked on my lan servers) however, when I boot up the server it has no mods, and when I go back to the the modsettings.lua and dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua, it is reset to how it was before I put the mods in. I really want to get this working, and I know I have the right steamapp files. I also know that I am modding it right, as I have done this before on other dedicated servers with the same mods.

Hey @LavishGaming, welcome to the forums. Are you using SteamCMD? if yes, then be aware that the validate command in the StartDSTServers.bat file would overwrite the modsettings.lua and dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua in Steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods and turn them into the default empty files. 

So remove the validate line in the .bat file.

If you're using a different method, let me know but hopefully I got it right. Good luck, cheers.

Archived