character mod not fully showing up in game

hi again, i apologise for the back to back posts, but i didnt realise i had a second problem until later after my first.

im using the tutorial and template from the extended sample template/tutorial, and things seemed alright, but for some reason, only a couple of my images are showing up in-game, while the things ive changed are all showing up in the sprite viewer like so:

fda0c73f251b9aa77ed1afe51c184681.png

(ignore the ugly bright colored parts, i wanted to see if i could test in game to distinguish what parts i was missing lol. also misplaced the forearms just before i compressed the zip for this thread but i have a backup im about to apply.)

the above shows in the sprite viewer, but only the head, face, torso and braid show up in-game. everything else is stuff from the original furry template, including faces and parts ive already completely replaced and i cant find in my files for this mod.

63e8d26a940ec3cef9a763a7ee6b9339.png 8fb5dc58edc8554b689cf8aefa7ad3ff.png

im planning to keep working on the art while i figure out a fix for this, but im not really sure what to do. should i complete the rest of the mod and recompile the whole thing? i think its really weird that its still using faces that dont exist in the zip below anymore, when i completely close out of dst and reopen (with the autocompiler doing its thing) and im pretty sure this is gonna be my last issue, because most other things ive already found topics for.

edit: i also have not changed the dimensions of the pngs used. i copy and pasted my drawings into the preexisting pngs, and have not toyed with image dimensions.

thanks for reading! (again. lol)

Edward Elric.zip

Edited by Veigar

1 hour ago, Veigar said:

still havent found a solution :( even when ive added more pngs, nothing new shows up. this is so frustrating

You know, when i had such a problem, I just was dragging and saving bodyparts on their canvases, until they looking good in the game, not in the spriter

It's not properly atlasing because you are missing components it requires. There are a few missing folders; I'm guessing you deleted them because you didn't expect to use them. You really can't do this at this point, since the auto-compiler requires these files to be present. However, you can make the files just transparent; that's what the esctemplate_cleared is for. Just use those to replace parts you don't really want. I'm guessing you deleted some parts within Spriter, too. I moved the old ed.scml into "exported" in case you wanted to keep that one instead and copied the original scml into it's place, and renamed it "ed" so any parts should be back, and I should have attached my edited zip file below. You'll need to rethink your layering on the hair and maybe put the one single piece of hair as hairfront and put the rest of his bangs on a lower layer. You can't change the z-layering of the components in spriter; believe me, I've tried. The game just puts them right back where they were.

It looks like this after my edit:

Spoiler

untitled_by_pastaandwhiterice-da8mocp.pn

I like that you're making Ed, though. :D Very interested in seeing the finished mod.

Edward Elric.zip

On 7/2/2016 at 5:39 PM, GearBull said:

You know, when i had such a problem, I just was dragging and saving bodyparts on their canvases, until they looking good in the game, not in the spriter

yeah i am too, i messed up in the spriter by accidentally saving and closing after messing with some of the parts to see how they worked haha. i just move them on the canvas too!

On 7/2/2016 at 5:39 PM, AshteriskGaming said:

It's not properly atlasing because you are missing components it requires. There are a few missing folders; I'm guessing you deleted them because you didn't expect to use them. You really can't do this at this point, since the auto-compiler requires these files to be present. However, you can make the files just transparent; that's what the esctemplate_cleared is for. Just use those to replace parts you don't really want. I'm guessing you deleted some parts within Spriter, too. I moved the old ed.scml into "exported" in case you wanted to keep that one instead and copied the original scml into it's place, and renamed it "ed" so any parts should be back, and I should have attached my edited zip file below. You'll need to rethink your layering on the hair and maybe put the one single piece of hair as hairfront and put the rest of his bangs on a lower layer. You can't change the z-layering of the components in spriter; believe me, I've tried. The game just puts them right back where they were.

It looks like this after my edit:

Reveal hidden contents

untitled_by_pastaandwhiterice-da8mocp.pn

I like that you're making Ed, though. :D Very interested in seeing the finished mod.

Edward Elric.zip

tysm!!! again, im extreeeemely nooby with this stuff, and i was told in the tutorial (or somewhere; i would NEVER delete folders if i wasnt told its okay to) that i could delete things im not using, so i suppose this was my mistake, lol.

i just got back from vacation and now i can take my time with the mod. thanks for the advice on the z layering, by the way! i am more familiar with css than game coding or whatever, and i expected the z axis to actually work the way i wanted it to, but its alright that it wont. ill just redo my parts according to how it wants me to layer it, lol

thank you for the help, and for someone else being interested in him!! if i can tinker around with the technicalities/abilities of the mod, i think ill have a pretty sweet first project (and i plan to do alphonse later too). :)