Mod Compatibility

I am curious as to how I may determine what mods really do work with 'Together' and/or 'Shipwrecked.'  When I start a world and go through my mod list, I only turn on those that are shown as compatible (not marked with an 'X' for that particular version).  However, when I start the actual worlds they typically crash.  Is there a better way to check?

Note, I even have the 'Don't Starve Debugger' mod for 'Shipwrecked' but it just lists every mod that I had active after a crash.

I'm including a screenshot of a crashed game (in case that helps those of you smarter than me).  I turned on several various mods and received this error when trying to start it up.  All of these said they were compatible with 'Together' when activated in the host game > mod section.  

Anyway, I never had this problem with 'ROG' and the inability to use certain mods that I really enjoy and should be able to is frustrating.  Anyway, thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 7.56.28 PM.png

This particular crash is caused by Minimap HUD MZ mod.
The reason the mod crashes is because it's trying to use global PlayerProfile class, which was made not global in v174200 (2016-04-19).
There are comments on the mod's page noting the same crash, with possible fix.

I think the reason mods you use are crashing less with ROG is that ROG is updated less, so there is less chance those updates make mods not compatible.

If a mod is marked as compatible with particular version, it just means that it was compatible at the time of mod's creation/last update.
The only easy way I know of to check whether a mod still works is to look at comments on that mod's page/discussions. If it's not compatible, someone has probably already found it and reported it.

On 19/6/2016 at 6:00 PM, StaypuftMMM said:

I am curious as to how I may determine what mods really do work with 'Together' and/or 'Shipwrecked.'  When I start a world and go through my mod list, I only turn on those that are shown as compatible (not marked with an 'X' for that particular version).  However, when I start the actual worlds they typically crash.  Is there a better way to check?

Note, I even have the 'Don't Starve Debugger' mod for 'Shipwrecked' but it just lists every mod that I had active after a crash.

I'm including a screenshot of a crashed game (in case that helps those of you smarter than me).  I turned on several various mods and received this error when trying to start it up.  All of these said they were compatible with 'Together' when activated in the host game > mod section.  

Anyway, I never had this problem with 'ROG' and the inability to use certain mods that I really enjoy and should be able to is frustrating.  Anyway, thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 7.56.28 PM.png

On 21/6/2016 at 6:03 PM, StaypuftMMM said:

Thanks for the information, this has helped me out a lot!