Trying to start playing again, but friend and I want to use an old world. It was working in January but then the dedicated servers changed and now we don't know how to get our old world on the new dedicated server tool.

Any advice?

@Vash1116, sadly I don't remember how the server files looked back then but as far as I know you'd only have to copy over the save folders of the old server folder into the new server folder(probably). What I'd recommend is to back up your old server files, then attempt to start up a dedicated server using the new tools. There are a handful of guides out there, (Dedicated Server Quick Setup Guide) (Steam Guides by ToNiO) to name a few.

Once you've properly set up your new server, it's only a matter of copying over the save files of the old server, big maybe. Truth be told, there's a lot of new stuff added to the game in the recent updates since you last played in January, so I'm not too sure if simply copying over the save folders would work. If the method I mentioned above doesn't work, then I guess you're better off starting over. Sorry, you can probably wait it out for a bit for other people to suggest something else.

Cheers.

We did figure it out last night. We went through all the steps in the Klei guide to setting up a dedicated server and then put our save in the save folder. We ran into some complications since we were in caves, but found some work arounds. Only sad thing is that we lost our maps of the overworld so we have to refill those.

Archived