food groups help

I was trying to do this, too. I found in scripts/constants.lua FOODTYPE and FOODGROUP are defined. I tried to create my own FOODGROUP types using the same format, but it did not work.

I think it did work when I passed individual foodtypes into it, but I can't remember if that actually worked or not, and i'm not home to try it right now...

What I do remember is FOODTYPE basically just defines string constants, so you can try this and see if it works:

inst:AddComponent("eater")
inst.components.eater:SetDiet( { "MEAT", "BERRIES" }, { "MEAT", "BERRIES" }) -- it can eat meat, and berries... berries are included in the VEGGIE type, but they also have their own type for birds
inst.components.eater.strongstomach = true -- can eat monster meat

It's probably better to use the FOODTYPE.MEAT and FOODTYPE.BERRIES constants, but I'm a LUA retard and I still don't understand LUA. When I try to require "constants" I still can't access the constants and the game crashes on me.

Yes. And you can look at wigfrid's prefab (it might be called something weird like wathgrithr.lua) to see how her diet is restricted to meat (and copy that, but also include berries), and look at webber's prefab to see how monster meat doesn't hurt him.

" inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")
    inst.components.sanityaura.aura = TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL

inst.components.eater.strongstomach = true
    inst.components.eater:SetDiet( { FOODGROUP.OMNI }, { FOODTYPE.MEAT, FOODTYPE.MONSTERMEAT, FOODTYPE.GENERIC } )
        inst:AddComponent("eater")
    inst.components.eater:SetDiet( { "FOODTYPE.MEAT", "FOODTYPE.VEGGIE" }, { "FOODTYPE.MEAT", "FOODTYPE.VEGGIE" }) "

here what i have but in game i can only enspec the the food

i dont know how to put it in that text u guys have