How to change mods on dedi. server

Hi guys,

I have a dedicated server for me and my friends to play. It's with ROG and caves, with some mods and it works without problems. I dont know much about dedicated servers so I prepared everything by "Host game" and then I used files it created for my dedicated server.

After like 50 days I wanted to add some mods. I prepared new files by "Host game" with new mods and then I replaced modoverrides for master and caves by new ones. Unfortunately it didnt work. There were only mods that was both in new modoverrides file and in old one, but there were no new mods. Certanly I made a backup of whole server so I got it working with old mods. But how do I add some new mods while server is working? Is there any easy way?

Hello @kowdi, welcome to the forums. Make sure you have the necessary mod files called workshop-###, in the correct folders.

If you're running the dedicated server through steamcmd, then you must have the newly added mods' workshop-### folders in STEAMCMD\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods.

If you're running the dedicated server through steam tools, then you must have the newly added mods' workshop-### folders in STEAM\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods.

So copy the newly downloaded workshop-### folders from Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods then paste them in the necessary ~Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods folder (whether through Steamcmd OR Steam Tools).

I hope that's clear enough, cheers.

Archived