When i create a server with caves, my friends cannot join it

Hi guys :) Thank you for your help!

I have a strange issue. When i create a server with no caves, my friends can join it with absolutely no issues. But i tried to create a server with caves (by clicking on "add caves" button in the creation server screen). The server create the world and i can play in it.

But what is strange is my friends cannot join it.

How can i fix this issue?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hey @Hotage, welcome to the forums. You seem to be experiencing the same thing as another player experienced in this Bug Report: Users can only join my server when it has no caves. Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag.txt? 

DXDiag

• In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:
  • Click on your Start button
  • Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

The only thing we could figure out was that they had another player attempt to join the server (in our case, it was me since I was able to join the server with no problems) then the other player client that is not the host (which is me again) would invite the other players to the server. Then after a Hotfix update happened, things got fixed. Read towards the end of the Bug Report:Users can only join my server when it has no caves to see the things we tried. In the mean time, try and get client_log.txt from your friends after they attempt to join the server then attach them too in your next reply. Do their client_log.txt (found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether) also has the lines:

[Connect] Server has no net id, not attempting punchthrough.

Because that was what the other friend got in their client_log.txt when they attempt to join the server but can't before I tried to invite them in myself as another client player on the server. I hope everything I've said is clear enough. For now as a summary of things you should attach:

• A copy of your dxdiag.txt
  • A copy of the server_log.txt found under the Master folder of whichever Cluster_# you have the server in.
  • A copy of your friends' client_log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether.

The server_log.txt files can be found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master if the server you're running is in the first slot on the Host Game screen. If your server is on slot 2, then it would be under Cluster_2\Master. Under Cluster_3\Master is for the third slot and so on. 

I hope it helps, cheers.

Well thank you very much for your really complete anwser.

I still don't have my dxdiag.txt, but the problem seems to be solved anyway.

What we have changed is that my friend change Windows Firewall exceptions to allow don't starve together internet access in any time. We also verify all our mods compatibility twice and suddenly, all worked again.

Do you still want my dcdiag? 

Anyway, i'm sure this post will be able to help somebody else than me, so thank you for your really nice anwser ! And i'm really sorry if i wasted your time...

Archived