Requirements for Language Mod ?

Hello again Klei Forum,

I was curious what i need to do a Language mod or what i need to edit to make my own, i know we have several in steam workshop but my native language pack isnt Up2Date. So i wanted to do my own after my custom charackter but i lack on information i Googeld a bit but didnt found any related stuff to it. Would be cool when someone can give me the Introductions into this.

Greetings

Edited by SenpaiArtorias

8 hours ago, DarkXero said:

The basics:

And then in modmain you put

-- My PO file, and the code name of my language

LoadPOFile("mylanguage.po", "ar")

You can also download the mod with problems and use it as a base.

Thank u Helpful as always =) , i already had the out of date language mod but didnt know what to do with the files in it . -. .

Okay now i stay on a new Problem, i started to translate the game all good so far i changed over 1000 string files and saved it. Then i tryd to test out what i have but it seems that it doesnt working correctly i can activate the mod going in the game without problems but in the game is nothing changed all stays on english.

I already tryd to determine what cause the problem but cant really figure it out why it isnt working. Did everything in the linked tutorial i also did some tests i was generally working from the top to the bot strings. After that didnt showed up in the game i was going to Edit every string entry from 3 specific strings and tryd that nothing, after that i also tryd to let the system autofilling the left strings but no singel change ingame.

Has anyone an Idea why it isnt working . -. ? or can help me with that i dont want that my work on this is usless when its not working i mean the game has currently over 14000+ Strings and i did firstly 1000+ its a bit time consuming but when i cant get it to work its just wasted time. I hope someone can help.

Greetings

7 hours ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

Sure =)

Alright.

If you open the PO file with notepad, you should see, for example:

#. STRINGS.PIG_TALK_HELP_CHOP_WOOD.1
msgctxt "STRINGS.PIG_TALK_HELP_CHOP_WOOD.1"
msgid "KILL TREE!"
msgstr "TÖTE BAUM!"

And the translator isn't identifying this properly because the "#." only gets identified if you have this

msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: \n"
"PO-Revision-Date: \n"
"Last-Translator: \n"
"Language-Team: \n"
"Language: de\n"
"MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
"X-Generator: Poedit 1.8.7\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"
"POT Version: 2.0\n"

and by this, I mean, "POT Version: 2.0\n"

So you either

a) Include "POT Version: 2.0\n"  in your file

or

b) Replace all "#." for "#:" using notepad, which was used by old formats

9 minutes ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

May i ask how u figured that out ?

Well, you can open with notepad the strings.po in the languages folder and see that "#." correlates with "POT Version: 2.0\n".

Another way is checking out how translator.lua works.

5 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

Well, you can open with notepad the strings.po in the languages folder and see that "#." correlates with "POT Version: 2.0\n".

Another way is checking out how translator.lua works.

@DarkXero
Okay Thanks again was just curious, Im a Rookie in Coding stuff im usally a Artis highest but mostly im a head Director for Concepts and Ideas :P. So i Appreciate that u share it with me need to learn some of this stuff for upcoming Projects =).

Greetings