Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the console on a dedicated server for which I do admin work. I am not the host, just doing admin work for a friend.  The command c_listallplayers() within the console doesn't yield any sort of list.  Does anyone know if the syntax has been changed, or why I might not be getting a positive result?

Hello @AdrianG, I could be wrong, but I do believe the c_listallplayers() command still works but since you're only remotely inputting the console command. Your console log is different from the console log of the server itself. So the results of c_listallplayers() will appear, but only on the server side. Since it's a dedicated server, it will only be seen in the server logs of the hosts' dedicated server window.

The next best thing for you to use instead of c_listallplayers() is to view the Player List GUI (holding Tab by default). If you need to kick or ban any specific player, use the number corresponding to their username on the Player List.

Hopefully I'm not misinformed about this, if anyone else drops by that knows the specifics feel free to correct me. I hope that helps, at least.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @AdrianG, I could be wrong, but I do believe the c_listallplayers() command still works but since you're only remotely inputting the console command. Your console log is different from the console log of the server itself. So the results of c_listallplayers() will appear, but only on the server side. Since it's a dedicated server, it will only be seen in the server logs of the hosts' dedicated server window.

The next best thing for you to use instead of c_listallplayers() is to view the Player List GUI (holding Tab by default). If you need to kick or ban any specific player, use the number corresponding to their username on the Player List.

Hopefully I'm not misinformed about this, if anyone else drops by that knows the specifics feel free to correct me. I hope that helps, at least.

Cheers.

Thanks for responding Zillvr.  I though that it might be something like that.  I was hoping there might be some other solution since I the numbers on the player list seem to not correspond correctly to the players in the game.  Hopefully this issue will be addressed in the future.

Archived