Dedicated Servers for Dummies

Can someone give me the simple version on how to make a dedicated server? I want to make one that has a boss raid theme, where players can band together, share food, armor and weapons and take down formidable foes. Yet I don't want to have to be on 24/7. If it ends up being too complected, can someone at least make one for me and make my dream a reality? Thanks. :)

4 hours ago, Starman45FTW said:

Can someone give me the simple version on how to make a dedicated server? I want to make one that has a boss raid theme, where players can band together, share food, armor and weapons and take down formidable foes. Yet I don't want to have to be on 24/7. If it ends up being too complected, can someone at least make one for me and make my dream a reality? Thanks. :)

I want some kind of guide too, but there are some already on the forums however this is the way that the users of this forums taught me

1. create a normal host server, add caves, mods, and everything that you like, start the world and when you are in it just quit and go back to the start screen. 

2. then open the console and type TheNet:GenerateClusterToken()

3. go to your documents/klei/donotstrvetogether and move the generated cluster_token.txt to the cluster_x folder, the x is the slot of your world created in the step 1

4. Use the file that I attached to run the servers, you can open it with the notepad to change the number of cluster/slot of your server 

this is for the cluster_1 folder, if you created the world in the second or third slot you should edit to cluster_2 and cluster_3 respectively. Save it as a server.bat (watch out for the file extention, select all files below)

5. open the start server.bat when you want to start your servers

I think I forget something but I can remeber, correct me if Im wrong

StartDSTServers.zip

Archived