Abandoned Bases

I was mulling over the corpses that are found scattered around the map and then entertained the idea of finding abandoned bases of forgotten adventurers, similar to the metal potato thing set piece. Perhaps there could be random small properties that have a crock pot or firepit. Perhaps they could be owned by hostiles, and you need to clear the area if you want to take over. 

Perhaps, then, those hostiles could be adventurers similar to player characters or tribal humanoids. I understand Don't Starve is essentially an 'alone' simulator, but it could add another element of trepidation if there were wandering enemy adventurers picking resources to build their own base, or if they were just staying put and defending a home, or simply just abandoned set pieces around skeletons.

Thoughts? 

I actually like you idea...

1 hour ago, SpaccoWrangler said:

Perhaps, then, those hostiles could be adventurers similar to player characters or tribal humanoids.

To that, may I refer you to the Adventure Mode's set pieces (as well as the cave camps set piece?

20160429004615_1.jpg

These things are probably what you're looking for and relating to your idea of wandering adventures, we can have multiple ghosts haunt the base? As you said, the feeling of being alone is the on-going theme of Don't Starve... adding more human(oids) to it would just be Don't Starve Together (also more art would have to be done unless you want other survivor characters to be the ones in there too... but yeah that would just be DST in PvP)

:3

Archived