New worldoverride.lua settings?

So I've noticed that there's some new stuff in don't starve and I wondered how I could alter the spawn rate of these things in the worldoverride. How can I? Because I'm now stuck with the old stuff.

Also another side note. Everytime I try to create the caves it's just another overworld.

So for example when I jump into a sinkhole there's just another overworld which has more sinkholes. So basically infinite overworlds which can be annoying. How do I fix this?

I linked my worldoverrides.

worldgenoverride.lua

worldgenoverride.lua

@Jumpton there was another thread that had issues with the worldgenoverride.lua. Here's what I suggest you do:

Quite recently the devs are changing up the format for worldgenoverrides into leveldataoverride so the next best thing you can possible do is to use the in-game client's process to generate these files, shown below is the method:

• Start up DST.
  • Click Host Game.
  • Click New Server in Slot 1.
  • Set the server intention in the Server Settings so the world can start.
  • Edit the world presets to whatever you wish your dedicated server to be, including the Caves.
  • Now generate the world.
  • Once connected, disconnect from the server.
  • Go to this location Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\
  • Under the Master folder, get the leveldataoverride.lua and that is the leveldataoverride.lua for the Over world.
  • While under the Caves folder, get the leveldataoverride.lua and that is the leveldataoverride.lua for the Caves.
  • Now paste those leveldataoverride.lua in your own dedicated server.
  • leveldataoverride.lua from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master goes to  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Master
  • leveldataoverride.lua from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves goes to  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Caves

Then simply regenerate the world with the command I showed before so the new presets can be used.
Notice in the method above we used Slot 1, that is because Cluster_1 in the files is what is used for the Slot 1 in the Host Game screen. I needed to specify this so you won't get confused. Cluster_2 is for the Server in Slot 2 and so on. The latest format of leveldataoverride.lua can be generated this way, depending on how often the devs change it's format in future updates. 

You can compare the Master and Caves' leveldataoverride.lua to find the differences between an overworld and a caves world. Which would be the id. For overworld it is id="SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", for caves it is id="DST_CAVE",

I hope this method helps, good luck.

Just now, Zillvr said:

@Jumpton there was another thread that had issues with the worldgenoverride.lua. Here's what I suggest you do:

Quite recently the devs are changing up the format for worldgenoverrides into leveldataoverride so the next best thing you can possible do is to use the in-game client's process to generate these files, shown below is the method:

• Start up DST.
  • Click Host Game.
  • Edit the world presets to whatever you wish your dedicated server to be, including the Caves.
  • Under the Master folder, get the leveldataoverride.lua and that is the leveldataoverride.lua for the Over world.
  • While under the Caves folder, get the leveldataoverride.lua and that is the leveldataoverride.lua for the Caves.
  • leveldataoverride.lua from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master goes to  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Master
  • leveldataoverride.lua from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves goes to  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Caves

Then simply regenerate the world with the command I showed before so the new presets can be used.
Notice in the method above we used Slot 1, that is because Cluster_1 in the files is what is used for the Slot 1 in the Host Game screen. I needed to specify this so you won't get confused. Cluster_2 is for the Server in Slot 2 and so on. The latest format of leveldataoverride.lua can be generated this way, depending on how often the devs change it's format in future updates. 

You can compare the Master and Caves' leveldataoverride.lua to find the differences between an overworld and a caves world. Which would be the id. For overworld it is id="SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", for caves it is id="DST_CAVE",

Thanks so much for the help!

52 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

• Start up DST.
  • Click Host Game.

Apperantly there was trouble starting up the server. I can't generate it or play it.

@Jumpton attach the server_log.txt files in your next reply, it might be due to something else entirely. In the mean time you can manual delete the world saves so the server will automatically generate new worlds upon start up by going to Master and Caves folder of your Dedicated Server and deleting the save folders in both of these.

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YourServer\Master\save

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YourServer\Caves\save

Delete those two save folders, and start up the server again.

@arheidis You can either enter c_regenerateworld() into the console to tell the server to regenerate OR simply deleting the save folders in bot the Master and Caves folders of your dedicated server. Be sure that the server is closed before you delete those files. Upon deletion, start up the server again.

@arheidis from what I can tell, the master and caves folder can't find each other. If you're using the steamcmd guide, there should be a second window for the caves. But since you're tweaking with ports, sadly I'm not experienced enough with that regard. Ask around though, there should be people who are doing what you want to do exactly.

Good luck, cheers.

1 minute ago, Zillvr said:

@arheidis from what I can tell, the master and caves folder can't find each other. If you're using the steamcmd guide, there should be a second window for the caves. But since you're tweaking with ports, sadly I'm not experienced enough with that regard. Ask around though, there should be people who are doing what you want to do exactly.

Good luck, cheers.

I guess this is what is happening.

What do you mean by second window for the caves?

@arheidis if you're running it through steamcmd in the guide I linked above. There is a StartDSTServers.bat file you have to launch for steamcmd to open two instances of the dedicated server (one for the Master, one for the Caves). Then these two dedicated server instances will find each other on the save machine based on the server.ini's and cluster.ini. 

1 minute ago, Zillvr said:

@arheidis if you're running it through steamcmd in the guide I linked above. There is a StartDSTServers.bat file you have to launch for steamcmd to open two instances of the dedicated server (one for the Master, one for the Caves). Then these two dedicated server instances will find each other on the save machine based on the server.ini's and cluster.ini. 

I am using an online dedicated server, using [removed].

Archived