Please help - sooo many days crashing

Looks like a very complicated issue with mod settings, aka it crashes trying to set BEARGER AttackChance setting, but the AttackChance method only exists starting with ROG, and if you save slot was Vanilla, and you merged worlds from shipwrecked, the whole include tree got messed up bad :)

I could not reproduce it, by your description. Tried merging worlds and entering adventure portal, it didn't crash.

I would suggest following:

1. disable all of your mods;

1.2. check if you still crash, if it does go to step 2.

2. restore all game files to default (incase they got corrupted). To do so, go to Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data and delete the entire 'scripts' folder, then open steam, right click don't starve icon -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache. That will restore your scripts file to 'uptodate'

2.2. If it still doesn't work take a deep breath and go to step 3.

3. Ask yourself if you really want to restore your saved game.

3.2. If you do, you really do, go to step 4.

4. If you got to this step and the issue is still not fixed... I might have an idea of why this is happening. Open steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/DLC0002/scripts/components/basehassler.lua

The file will have the following contents:

BaseHassler_SW = require "components/basehassler_sw"
BaseHassler_BaseGame = require "components/basehassler_basegame"

if SaveGameIndex:IsModeShipwrecked() or IsDLCInstalled(REIGN_OF_GIANTS) then
    return BaseHassler_SW
else
    return BaseHassler_BaseGame
end

You need BaseHassler_SW to be included, but for some reason you get BaseHassler_BaseGame, so the condition doesn't work. To fix this, just TEMPORARILY change the code to following:

BaseHassler_SW = require "components/basehassler_sw"
BaseHassler_BaseGame = require "components/basehassler_basegame"

return BaseHassler_SW

if SaveGameIndex:IsModeShipwrecked() or IsDLCInstalled(REIGN_OF_GIANTS) then
	return BaseHassler_SW
else
	return BaseHassler_BaseGame
end

It should prevent the crash, although I'm not 100% sure, since I could not reproduce the error. Once you return to your World change it back, otherwise you may have problems with Vanilla don't starve.

Hope this helps.

Archived