Lag unbearable + server_token and settings file do not exist or generate

Followed 3 different guides on setting up a dedicated server to try and nullify the intense lag we experience.

All of them say we need to edit these 2 files, but these files do not exist in the directory and do not generate after running the DST dedicated server in steam and using the coding after pressing the tilde.

If i create these files manually, will they still load? If so I just need copies of the txt in these files, but I can't seem to find them.

Please avoid pointing to more guides that don't address this problem because I've been through several step-by-step now and it's getting rather frustrating.

If there's any other way to fix the lag as well feel free to let me know. Game is currently unplayable with system specs far over the requirements.

Hello @Broodalize, welcome to the forums. I'd like to ask first of all before I give any guidance, what specific guides did you follow? Link them in your next reply so people can give better responses based on what you've tried doing and what could be going wrong.

Archived